“Stay Away”

Golden Phoenix West
Ranked #277 of 370 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 27, 2014 via mobile

I think we picked the wrong place. But it was busy with both dine in and take out. So we were hopeful. The wait staff was literally running around the restaurant, so strange.
Buffett was typical. My real concern came when i tried my soup and it was cold. Went back up and three out of the four steam tables were broken. Red flag and i was afraid my son andi would be sick.

1  Thank Shelley A

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Consistent. The buffet is good, typical Chinese buffet items. The waitresses pay attention to you. I usually order off the menu.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Billings is pretty far inland for excellent Chinese food. I love egg foo young and theirs is goo, just covered with way too many many raw vegetables. Their sweet and sour soup is very good. Service is always good. They will prepare food without MSG if you request it. Prices a little steep.

1  Thank Jan B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been to this place once before and thought the food was medicre both times. If you want really good Chinese food go to Grand Garden. Today I went with 5 co-workers for lunch. We all paid separately and I was the last to pay. When I go to the counter I was asked "You are paying for two buffets?" I said "No, just one." She said "You are big enough that you look like you could eat two buffets." While it is true that I am heavy, I only made one trip through the buffet with one reasonable plate. My co-workers were absolutely dumbfounded at how rude the comment was (and for perspective, these are oilfield workers where tact is not exactly a virtue). I can promise that I will never darken their doors again as long as they are in business. I refuse to do business with a place that treats it's customers so poorly.

1  Thank Tacoboy4000
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was a wonderful experience. Great buffet with wide selection to choose from. Very helpful staff with friendly and attentive service. Overall a thumbs up.