“The best Italian food in town”
Review of Ciao Mambo

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #6 of 387 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It's Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more... Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too. At Mambo's, we serve up immigrant style Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest.
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We ordered A small house salad, Pollo con Formaggio, and Cioppino. The latter was basically a large bowl with some fish stock and multiple types of seafood. For the ultimate seafood lover, this soup like dish is filling and delicious. The chicken dish was absolutely amazing. I asked for mine to be a little bit spicy and it was just right. Their signature garlic bread is always a favorite for us, and we really enjoyed the house dinner salad. We Can’t wait to return and try another dish.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I really wanted to rate this higher. The atmosphere is great for a downtown Italian place. It is almost a little "New Yorkish" in terms of the music and stuff at the table.

The food was good, but just that. My pasta had a rose garlic sauce that was low on garlic. It tasted like Cambell's soup with milk. Real garlic and some spice would have improved it. May wife's dish was similar in that it looked great but was missing the kick. The have the Parmesan shaker at the table, but I would recommend that the waitress shred real cheese on the pasta. Cracked pepper would be good too.

One more thing and forgive me, but we are not used to water served at the table that has a hard mineral taste and the Billings city water does.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

I grew up in an Italian family on the east coast, so I'm often a little disappointed when I go to Italian restaurants in the west. Not this time! This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Great variety of dishes. Very good service and decent prices for a meal of this quality. Very nice atmosphere as well. I can't wait to try the one in Missoula to seeyou if it's as good.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

The bruschetta is unique - get it with the balsamic vinaigrette. Ciao Mambo chefs are very liberal with garlic. Our server mentioned that every dish except lasagna is individually prepared, so next visit I'll request light garlic. The bolognese was rich and filling, served over noodles rather than the usual spaghetti. My companion enjoyed a creamy dish with pasta and vegetables.Our side of vegetables primavera was tasty but the broccoli could have been cooked more. Meals are ala carte. On a Saturday evening Ciao Mambo was largely filled with young adults. We were seated near the open kitchen, and it was interesting to watch the chefs at work. The restaurant and rest room are very dimly lit.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

I was told that if you want Italian that is made in the restaurant and not hauled in frozen and and heated on site that this was the place to go. The service was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The serving size was very generous and my leftovers were also very good the next day when heated in the microwave. The sauces held up very well and I cannot say that about other food brought home from other restaurants. We were a party of five and we all ordered something different and we were all very pleased. It was a little bit pricey but as I said the generous portion gave me a great lunch the next day.