“Ambience & delightful menu”
Review of The Fieldhouse

The Fieldhouse
Ranked #14 of 364 Restaurants in Billings
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Billings, Montana's First And Only Certified 'Green' Restaurant. The Fieldhouse Cafe sources locally, sustainably sourced food grown and raised under the Big Sky right here in Montana. Almost everything is made from scratch with whole foods, right down to the ketchup. Join us in celebrating honest food, treated well. Join us for - - Dinner - Happy Hour - Tapas - Saturday Brunch - Sunday Brunch - Beer and Wine A family owned business, we look forward to welcoming you to a new dining experience in Billings. Find us online to view our menu and learn more about what we do.
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Top of the line food. Delicious Ramen, meatloaf with huckleberry ketchup, great selection of cheese & wine. Beautiful presentation. Will return.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Friends whom we were visiting during the first week of October took us to dinner at The Fieldhouse. Inauspicious name, right? Brought to mind the odor of sweaty socks and those straps jocks used to wear. No worries. The food service and wine selection were all quite impressive, and I saw or smelled no evidence that great hordes of sweating footballers had ever visited, or showered there.

To start, we tried the cheese plate and some roasted Brussels sprouts cooked with cashew and sundried tomato aioli. Both dishes disappeared quickly with plenty of smacking lips and knowing nods.

Three of us had the Ramen special. Pork belly, a perfect broth filled with spices intended to delight and amaze the palate, enoki mushrooms, greens... I lost track of what all I was tasting.

Our fourth member had beet salad fir her dinner - lots of the red tubers, goat cheese, arugula (one can never eat too much arugula), pistaccio, slathered in just the right amount of house balsamic.

We complemented our meal with a 2015 Spanish blend or Grenache, Syrah, and Priorat, that made at least one of our members less wary of wines from Catalonia. The rest of the wine list was quite impressive, by itself a reason to stop by and sample a few bottles while savoring a few of the local Chevre.

Too full for dessert, we told our hosts this place was a great reason to come back to Billings again. Sooner than later.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Definitely a hipster-esk place which to me generally means the food is top shelf. I had glass of Heinz Eifel Riesling here which was absolutely delicious. Additionally, the cheese platter was very good too. We got the Chevre and Gouda and some form of blue cheese. All in all, it was very top notch food, though there really isn't anything much around the restaurant.

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

there were 12 of us for dinner and the service was perfect. the food was exceptional. 3 of us had the salmon special. it was sublime. the salmon was perfect over roasted vegetables . the others had the steak special over polenta and roasted carrots. not a morsel left on any plate. the halibut tacos got rave reviews. also the mac and cheese and meatloaf. start with the brussel sprouts, yummy. we all agreed it was fabulous and we definately will be back

Reviewed October 5, 2017

I was visiting my daughter who had just moved to Billings Montana. Both she and I are serious foodies, and she had planned several interesting meals at different restaurants. Of all the restaurants we ate at, we thought the Fieldhouse had the best cuisine of all of the high-end restaurants we had dined at in Billings. Although the menu is relatively small and limited, everything we ordered was perfectly prepared and delicious. Of note, the appetizer of the charred Brussels sprouts were the most amazing ones I had ever tasted. My wife had ordered the meatloaf which was prepared with a smoked wild berry sauce and mashed potatoes and was delicious. I had ordered the special fish prepared with a variety of vegetables and sauces and was outstanding. Kudos to the chef for his orchestration of the amalgam of great flavors. The wine list although on the smaller side had some really choice items that were reasonably priced. I highly recommend this outstanding restaurant, and as a serious foodie was impressed at both the food as well as the excellent service.