“A typical Holiday Inn experience, clean, dependable, friendly hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Billings

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Salem, Oregon
“A typical Holiday Inn experience, clean, dependable, friendly hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I attend a industry trade show at this facility every year. When I visit Billings during other times of the year I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because it's a newer, modern hotel.
That said I would still recommend this property if you are looking for value and a property that pretty much has it all.
They have a free airport shuttle, I have had to wait up to 30 minutes for it to pick me up but they always show up when they say they will. The shuttle used to take you downtown but that service is no longer available.
I have always stayed in their atrium rooms which are two rooms similar to the Courtyard by Marriott style. They are clean, kind of old but they have put in flat screen TV's. These rooms have a refrigerator and sink in the living area.
There is a small casino, restaurant, and bar. Food is average, I think the bar is the best place to hang.
The staff is very friendly, helpful, and gracious.

Room Tip: Go for the atrium rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana. We also appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers that are looking for comfort and value. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you your next visit to Billings!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed for 4 nights in early November and had booked 3 rooms. The rooms were ready when we arrived, tho had booked King beds they were all 2 queens, but was no problem. We were at a convention and the rooms were clean, not in the tower, but fine none the less. Nearly every time we passed a staff member, they greeted us with a smile and hello. Had breakfast a couple of times in restaurant and good selection for the buffet at a very good price, along with a great waitress.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand. We thank you for your business and look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings!
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We were put in the second building and the room numbers weren't exactly consecutive and therefore made the room difficult to find initially. As everyone else stated, there was no elevator so we had to lug our suitcases up the stairs. . Room was clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable. Wifi worked well. We stayed at this hotel the night after staying at a lesser quality place and were quite happy. I heard that the lobby was nice, but never made it there. My dad used the pool and workout facilities and was pleased with them.

2 Thank everfair
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. Your positive comments are appreciated. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again on your next visit to Billings! We thank you for your business.
Whitefish
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed in April and the entire hotel felt a bit tired; from the check-in to the tv in the room it was all tired. TV had very fuzzy picture which was disappointing. Bed was nice as was the bathroom. Could have been cleaner in the common areas and the employees smoked outside our entrance to the building.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank backwardsraft
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

With a number of recent poor reviews, I had considerable trepidation for my recent stay here on a cross-country trip with my grandson. What a pleasant surprise!
The hotel was in good condition with new carpeting and a very attractive lobby area. Our room was clean and comfortable. Most importantly, the staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. My ten year old grandson rated it as his favorite on our 3200 mile journey. I cannot dispute his judgement.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand. We look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings! We are glad to hear your grandson enjoyed the stay with us!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here out of necessity due to a shortage of room availability in Billings, Montana in August. Granted, there were only a few rooms available in the whole CITY, and I was grateful to have a bed to sleep. However, it was particularly unpleasant. The hotel staff were nice, and the on-site casino/dining was a plus (if it had been open when we arrived at 9 pm). The only room they had available was a smoking room in the North hall. I know it was a smoking room, but it smelled terrible, the ashtrays were still dirty, and all my things smelled like smoke upon my departure. In addition, I was on the second floor, there were no elevators, and the stairwell and halls were completely lacking in cleanliness. I was also kept up all night hearing our neighbors through the thin walls and people on the streets, nor did I feel as though I was in a particularly safe area in Billings, and the run-down facade of the Holiday Inn did nothing to calm my nerves. If I ever end up in Billings again, I would rather drive through the night to a different city than waste my money staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The north wing of the hotel left much to be desired.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nnicoleee
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We continue to upgrade the facility on a consistent basis. Our new elevator will be installed by the end of September. I am sorry we only had a smoking room available when you made your reservation, majority of our rooms are non-smoking. We look forward to improving our services and facility according to our guest’s comments and suggestions.

Travellers are raving about these Billings hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our 3rd hotel on our tour bus group. The lobby was great and huge, there were some welcome drinks available. Our room was VERY VERY far, it took us over 5 minutes to walk and carry our luggage. The rooms were very good, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were decent. There was free WiFi which worked fine. We also ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and Pork Chops. It was okay, nothing spectacular but it was very filling. Service was decent also. Overall, Free WiFI, comfortable and clean rooms = a good night stay.

1 Thank JetBlue777
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand. We look forward to serving you your next visit to Billings, our new elevator will be installed the end of September which will assist our guests in this section of the hotel. Thank you for your business.