“we liked it there”

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Houston, Texas
“we liked it there”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Don’t let the fact that the Riversage Billings Inn (aka Riverstone) mainly serves the neighboring hospital keep you from staying there as a tourist. It is located in a pleasant residential neighborhood, within walking distance to downtown Billings, provided us with a spacious and well appointed room, performed a welcoming and competent service, and reassured us that we in fact got ourselves one of the best hotel deals in town.

We certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Elk River
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband, myself & 2 little girls pulled in late and requested a room where we could see our trailer & 4-wheelers. We were accommodated quickly by a friendly front desk gal. We only stayed one night, but I would suggest this to anyone wanting an inexpensive nice place to stay. I am picky and know my girls will be crawling on the floor. You can't find hotels under $75 that are as nice this anymore! - I read all of the reviews for the hotels in this area & am glad I didn't listen to some of the negatives about this one - it was perfect! By the way - plenty of soap, shampoo & conditioner:) We didn't eat here, so I don't know how breakfast was.

Room Tip: We didn't hear any noise, we just asked for one that we could see our trailer from.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed here five days after my husband had a serious accident; we have been doctoring at the Billings Clinic for two months, and will continue to have to do so for a while. We usually go with chain hotels, but after reading some reviews on this site, I decided to give it a try. What a fool for not coming here first! For starters, it is 25 bucks cheaper (per night!) than the identical quality hotel I was staying at before. The front desk staff is top-notch, service is fantastic. There is free coffee 24 hours, and popcorn in the afternoon and evenings. They really can't do enough for you, whether it be holding the door, producing take-out menus, helping with luggage, giving directions, anything.
The rooms are cozy, a little dated, but who cares when the AC works great, there is great water pressure (when do you ever find that in a hotel?!), tons of white, fluffy and soft BIG towels, and the sheets are clean and smell fresh! The rooms are plenty big and comfortable, and no, you can't see naked patients across the street through the window as a previous reviewer suggests (seems like someone was having a bad day...)
I can't comment on the breakfast as I never have it, but the coffee is good, and plentiful. All in all, if you are looking for a trendy, chic-looking hotel, this isn't it. For great value and a clean, quiet, friendly place, really you can't go wrong. Im already booked to come back!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank mudvaynemom
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The service by one of the night staff was so poor that it is scarey. She left a secured door open and was nowhere to be found for ano hour or so. Breakfast? LOL. Breakfast was a loaf of bread set out (with a toaster nearby), a couple of muffins if you were lucky enough to run down right when it opened, and some mini donuts.

The room had no free wall outlets ANYWHERE! I had to unplug a light in the room to charge my cell phone and unplug another light to charge my laptop.

They were supposed to have WiFi, but oops, it was out of order. For the whole week, in spite of numerous complaints.

My room looked right into a hospital patient's room, so I got to see the nurse treating the patient, patient nudity, etc. Probably not the best idea for small children. Come to think of it, not great idea for adults, either.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to say on the side opposite the hospital so that you're not lookin...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
As the General Manager of the Riversage Billings Inn, I have to question this Trip Advisor comment.

Our continental breakfast does not have any mini donuts. We serve a wonderful all grain bread (baked at a local bakery), Raisin bread, English muffins, Bagels, regular size donuts and muffins. We also serve Cravens coffee and juice. We serve coffee 24hours a day. We replenish the breakfast items until the breakfast closes.

In the rooms we have extra outlets in the rooms next to the table and in the bathroom area.

We have not had any issues with wireless internet or complaints to my knowledge and we would never tell a guest that it is out of order.

I do not know what this person was referring about seeing a nurse taking care of a patient. The clinic is across the street from us. Their windows have a mirrored coating on them so no one can see into the clinic.

This guest made no attempt to contact myself or anyone on the staff. We encourage any one who has any issues while staying at the Riversage Billings Inn to immediately tell the staff of the hotel so we can take care of the problem right away.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Now called 'Riversage Billings Inn', the place was located centrally within the downtown area and and for the price ($68/night with AAA discount) it was worth it what what we needed which was just a quick overnighter. The rooms were clean, big and beds comfy. Breakfast was a little sparse compared to all the other places that we stayed in that offered continental breakfast (they should invest in a simple waffle maker at least and add a few other iteams). All in all, would still recommend this place if staying in Billings.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed her for 6 nights while visiting Family, extremely good value considering that it was only $75 a night. We had a good bed, fridge and microwave, simple complimentary breakfast but terrible coffee ! The price is so reasonable that you can go to McCormick's Cafe and get a really good breakfast with great coffee, only a few minutes away. Cafe italia is owned by the same guy and is right next door to the cafe, yummy Italian food.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
As the general manager of the Riversage Billings Inn I am sorry that this guest did not like our coffee.

For our lobby coffee we use a wonderful blend from Cravens coffee. The blend is made especially for our company. Craven’s coffee is a favorite in most of the local coffee shops.

We do try hard to keep our rates affordable for all of our guests. We pride ourselves in providing a lovely, friendly, and affordable place to stay.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I have real mixed feelings about this hotel. If your purpose in Billings is for vacation or pleasure I would tend to tell you to stay away. If you are in Billings on business the accommodations are acceptable.
The Riverstone Billings Inn sits in the middle of a hospital campus. From what I understand many of the guests are visitors from across the state whose loved ones are hospitalized. For this purpose I would also recommend the hotel.
Since the Inn is not part of a large hotel chain it lacks some of the aesthetics and amenities of a Hilton, LaQuinta or Marriott. You can see that they run on a budget that is probably pretty tight to the vest, so the Inn features a barebones lobby and breakfast buffet area.
The room I stayed in was clean but needed a good renovation. Towels were plentiful but bring your own shampoo, there is none provided, which is something you do not see even in the most highly discounted hotels. Very odd and disappointing in that I had to drive to a drug store to make a visit that there should have been no necessity for. Sorry to be picky, but as a business traveler involved in a sport that has me on the road almost every weekend for most of the year, this was the first time in 23 stays in 2011 that a hotel did not have shampoo provided. Also the soap bars were substandard. On second thought, when you go to the drugstore use a basket and add soap to the shopping list along with the shampoo.
The hotel was comfortable and fine for a two night business stay with only sleep time spend in the building.
I must say that on the positive side it was one of the cheapest rooms in Billings, the internet connection was strong, and the front desk and room staff made in their courtesy, professionalism and enthusiasm the relatively worn hotel shine with personality.
There are a number of restaurants and stores in close proximity.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank CowboyAgent
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
As the general manager of the Riversage Billings Inn I am disappointed that this guest did not have a positive feeling about their stay. As always, I wish this guest had talked with our front desk or management about the shampoo while he was at the Riversage Billings Inn, and we could have accommodated his request on the spot.

However, we are most pleased he gave us such a high ranking in Value, Sleep Quality, Cleanliness, and Service.

We have recently extensively renovated our lobby. It has a very comfortable atmosphere, where many guests like to spend time enjoying a cup of coffee or snacking on fresh popcorn.

We have always had shampoo available at the front desk upon request. We have since started putting shampoo in every room.