“Boulder Hot Springs...fun and funky” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boulder
Missoula, Montana
“Boulder Hot Springs...fun and funky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

Spent the weekend at Boulder Hot Springs Resort for a women's yoga retreat (Backto bliss.com) and had a wonderful time. My sister and I met there and LOVED the food and accomodations and stretched/relaxed to our hearts' content.

Our room (California Mission) was one of the themed rooms designed to reflect the colorful history of the resort. Beds are very comfortable and sheets of good quality. We even got a tour of the un-used area that is slated to be restored in the future. One of the ladies in our retreat used to go there as a young girl and had some fun stories. There is even a ghost that lives there!

The pools are very clean and warm (100 degrees to 105 degrees) and there is a cold plunge to revitilize after the soak. The food is vegetarian and excellent. The staff is happy to accomodate dietary needs and will share the recipes.

This is a great place to explore and spend some quiet time. No TV, phones (Cell service is good), but you appreciate the effort the owners have put forth to make the resort a wonderful expereince.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hoofinit5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Every year I meet friends and family here for our annual Steam & Stomp Retreat - a weekend of International Folk dance and music. A weekend of fun, visiting, soaking in the hot springs, hiking and restful sleep in the wonderfully renovated hotel. The food is A#1 - fresh, organic food, thoughtfully made and presented to our group with all sorts of extras in the way of snacks and refreshments. The staff just treats us great and I feel as if we are coming home as part of the extended family. I recommend Boulder Hot Springs Inn to everyone who is looking for a nice little, unique get-away tucked into a lovely mountain valley in Montana!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MontanEva
Stevensville, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

My stay at Boulder Hot Springs was fabulous. The room we used for yoga was really great, and my personal room that I shared with my friend was comfortable and clean. We happen to be above the entry door, so that did cause some waking up during the night when people came.
The hot springs pools were clean and very relaxing. Temperatures well adjusted.
The kitchen staff was great!! They cooked the best food for all of us that were part of the retreat. I am planning to go back next spring, and if I have any visitors from Germany, I will take them there as well.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank igoetz
Kalispell, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

I attend yoga workshops at Boulder Hot Springs three times per year. Each time, I look forward to the simple, quiet, peaceful weekend experience. And each time, I am completely satisfied with accommodations, food, yoga, and the springs. There is no maid service (that I know of), no phones or TVs in the rooms, and the menu is preset for the day. I find the lack of frills to be a welcomed retreat from the hustle and bustle of my daily life.

Kim-of-the-Kitchen takes pride in her work and each meal is delicious, healthy, and beautiful. She is very good at options for allergies and other dietary restrictions. My favorites are always the Indian-themed meals and of course, breakfast! The hotel recycles, conserves, and composts - a plus in my book. The women's locker room has a hot bath, steam room, and cold plunge. Each area is clean, well-kept, and comfortable. The outdoor pool is a bit more family-oriented (suits required) and quite nice in the winter. The setting and scenery are peaceful. I understand from others that there are a few nice hikes, trails for x-country skiing, and other outdoor activities.

My intent each time I go to BHS is to take a break. I typically eat, soak, yoga, read, write, and sleep. If you are looking for a plush, all-inclusive, high-paced vacation - this is not it. If you are looking to take time to renew, restore, or heal - this is the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank kisad
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

Set in the western foothills & mountains of Montana, Boulder Hot Springs & Spa was the perfect backdrop for the Living Sacred Retreat I attended over Labor Day Weekend! Starting the mornings off with a plunge in the mineral hot springs (no smell of sulfur like other hot springs) and then followed with a very healthy breakfast, we would start our retreat. Some of the group would also start with a yoga session provided by one of our leaders Chris Bunting of Bikram's Yoga in Bozeman, MT. This was followed by Carey Stokes, our other leader (wingedwarrior.com),with breathing exercises, and was without a doubt the perfect setting for our whole retreat. We did some hiking in the nearby hills as a part of our retreat and every turn was more beautiful than the one before. The stars at night were like no other place I have ever been. I thought that the Milky Way was clouds until the native Montanans assured me it was the Milky Way! Spectacular!!! I am sure we will return in the future to this beautiful and restful sacred valley.
The rooms are the bare necessities and furnished to the time period of the Hotels early days of the 1890's. The bed & breakfast rooms have a full bath in the room and the other rooms share a shower down the hallway from the rooms. I had a bed & breakfast room and slept like a baby. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not the place for you, stay in the big cities! If you are looking for a friendly, helpful, and healthy hotel with a big hint of the old west, then this is the perfect place for you! I recommend this beautiful historic hotel to anyone with a passion to experience the history of the native American appreciation for the sacred beauty of the valley & the pioneer day s of Montana!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Our B&B room was tastefully decorated - perfect for our needs. A little too warm at night - but we managed with a fan.
I especially liked the steam room and the hot and cold plunges - a great start to the day.
Great fresh air outdoor mountain setting with hiking trails right out our door.
The delicious home cooked organic meals were prepared to accommodate my individual diet restrictions. Our group was always in anticipation of what was coming next. We were never disappointed, only in awe of the flavors and colors and asking the chef how she made it taste so divine. I truly felt pampered!
I will be back with family and friends and another workshop.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank debforyoga
Jasper, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

We have just returned from one of the most relaxing short vacations we have had in a long time. If you want to be running and entertained 24 hours a day this is not for you. But, if a long soak in thermal waters and an occasional steam bath or a great massage sounds good this is the place. It is a little out of the way but well worth the effort or time to get there. The staff is extraordinary and determined to welcome you into their world.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garyaderhold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boulder
39.5 km away
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 1 in Whitehall
39.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Butte

Been to Boulder Hot Springs Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!