“Clean and Economical”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Whitefish, Montana
“Clean and Economical”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed here with our small dog this weekend while visiting our MSU college student. It was nice and quiet. Very basic room and amenities. Bathroom has been recently remodeled.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Tonight, I booked my stay through Expedia. I used my credit card that has a $12,000 credit limit of which I use about $1500 a month and pay off every month.

At midnight tonight the room phone rang and the man at the desk rudely told me to "Come down here." He was harsh and upset as if very very angry or distraught. I thought maybe my car had been broken into.

I asked if there was a problem and he said "YES!! You need to get this payment taken care of."

Apparently there was a glitch through Expedia and the credit card was declined. I said, "For as long as I've stayed here, this couldn't wait until morning???" He barked at me "NO."

He was rude and treated me as if I was a criminal. I nearly packed up my 4 year old at midnight and left. I can't even explain how degrading he acted and I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Just in the past 2 months I spent 5 nights there. Absolute evil treatment.

Room Tip: Go the extra few bucks and stay next door at the Super 8. The treatment here was unhuman.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank T G

Travellers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Salt Lake City
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I have stayed at TLC Inn for several years, and I have come to know the owner, who works as hard as anyone I know. He owned three or four properties in Bozeman, but he must have sold a couple, because he is spending a lot of his time at this location.

And does it ever show. Clean hallways, clean rooms, very low key but helpful staff. The breakfast offering is small but it works. The orange juice isn't watered down, it tastes like orange juice! I want to emphasize that this is not a destination place. This is a really good bargain for business or leisure travelers that are paying way too much for rooms on the other side of the freeway. For that matter, travelers in Montana pay way too much for what they get from hospitality lodging all over the state.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for room 202 if you can get it. King size bed, fridge and microwave. Extremely...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We had to stay here in short notice because of an emergency, but were relieved with the quality, service, & value. The beds were comfy, not at all mushy or too soft. Everything was very clean, breakfast was included, and the staff were super nice & helpful. The location isn't great-- but better than many on a busy street. and it's fairly quiet. For the money you can't beat it.

• Stayed September 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The TLC was a perfect place for our overnight stay. The price was much cheaper than all the other places we searched. The rooms were very clean and pleasant. It is a no frill type place but very acceptable and better than most place of the price range that I had stayed before. If you just want a clean, comfortable to sleep this is the place to look. The desk clerk was very nice. The breakfast is very typical of most places of this price range, in fact better than some. The "old fashioned" room keys were somewhat a blast from the past, but we felt safe. I would stay again.

Room Tip: No frills so be sure to bring your own shampoo, they have soap and toothpast, no hair dryers provide...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
CDA, ID
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Got the call no parent wants to get, my son & his entire family of 8 had been in a horrible accident with 3 being in critical condition. We immediately took off to drive the 2300 miles to PA after my husband worked all day & I was in no condition to drive. That night after the tragic news & crying for 6 hrs til we had to stop, I entered TLC Inn to be glared at by a clerk who seemed upset I interrupted his TV program at 2 am. He was actually rude seeing I was still crying & would not even help me fill out the simple registration card that asked for only name, address, phone, license plate & car make. He did not ask if I had anyone with me or if I had pets. I didn't see any signage on pets to know they had to be claimed...I don't stay at hotels but this was an emergency.

We didn't sleep that night A/C was broken, room smelled very bad, & we spent least than 5 hrs in this nasty place. Our 2 pets were crated while in room & when we left put on leases to go potty outside before entering car. We were swore at by some guy when we left as well. It was not worth asking why that man was so rude!

Several days after arriving in PA I noticed a $150 charge on my credit card. After calling the owner of TLC & asking what this was I explained his clerk did not ask me if I had children or pets. He called me a liar! I repeated I was not informed of any pet policy nor did I see anything on the desk or wall about pets. At a time like this who thinks about anything but the 3 family members in critical condition. I told the owner this "fine" was totally wrong & that it should be posted, I should have been asked if I had any & told about any "fines" they had before taking my money as well as their restriction on 1 pet per room. I would have left to find another hotel.

I feel this owner & his clerk took advantage of a woman ridden with grief & fear that she was going to lose precious members of her family & deliberately did not mention their policy on pets after all the owner "claimed" he saw us bring in said pets so why did he not call our room or knock on door to tell us we had to pay a pet fee & that 2 pets were not allowed in our room! I did lose my son, my only child, yet this owner would not remove the fine he imposed! How can anyone but those in the judicial system impose a fine anyway? My credit card disputed this, gave up, but I have now talked to someone there of authority who will go after this owner for being an uncaring, rude, greedy, nasty individual who threatened to have me arrested & called me foul names in the process.

To anyone who even thinks of staying in this place -- don't. You may find your credit card charged with an additional $150 or more & be threatened with arrest & called foul names by this foreign hotel owner ... he should not be allowed to do business with the public with the attitude he has. Please beware ... this is not a nice place, it is not a quiet place to rest, it is a place where you get scammed when you're going through one of the worst times of your life.

Room Tip: Dirty, bad-smelling, A/C didn't work, very uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank TazPom
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2011

This place is awesome! In my experience this is the cleanest, inexpensive hotel I have stayed in a long time. On top of everything, it is conveniently located; close to downtown Bozeman as well as Bridger Bowl skiing resort. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends