All reviewswestern roomcarriage houseunique experiencerolling hillswonderful hostsaspen roombeautiful animalsbreakfast was deliciousguest houseother guestsbozeman areabedroom windowevery morningstayed longeran easy drivethe main housefull kitchen
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had a wonderful time at Howlers Inn. What a special place. The rooms were cozy and quiet, the breakfast was delicious and the wolves...well, what an unique and special experience. And Mary-Martha and Chris could not have been more gracious hosts. I recommend a night or, better yet two or three here, without any reservation. It will really make your trip special...and seeing the wolves up close is something you won't forget. A truly unique and special place.. Oh, and the view was pretty phenomenal as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LA A
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I recently traveled to Montana and Howlers Inn was recommended to us by a friend. WOW...what an amazing place! Our incredibly clean, well decorated room overlooked the wolves and it was so beautiful to just sit and watch them. Chris and Mary Martha are very welcoming but also let guests have their space too. Downtown Bozeman is a neat little town with art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. I sat out on the back patio every night and just watched the sun set and the stars come out...very peaceful and relaxing. We are going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I think I've been to Howlers Inn at least 5 times (maybe more). The Bahn family are experts at welcoming guests into their home and making them feel like they are family. The rooms are magnificent, my favorite is the Southwest Room because it looks out over the wolves. It's amazing to hear the wolves howl and peer into the dawn to see their heads tilted up and letting the world hear there song. Chris and Mary-Martha are very well educated about all aspects of caring for their wolves, and you need never feel that the wolves aren't wonderfully cared for.

Winter in Montana is a magical experience. The wolves love bright, sunny, COLD days and my favorite thing to do is to watch them chase each other around the hill through the snow, or just roll about then fall asleep in exhaustion.

All the seasons at Howlers are wonderful. Spring has wild flowers popping out, and a small creek running through the wolf enclosures, Autum has the leaves chagning on the hillsides and on the property. Sitting out on the patio with complimentary wine, and a book is sheer bliss.

Oh.... I forgot breakfast. Nothing but the best is offered daily. You will be served wonderful food around a large table full of happy guests trading stories about their day. Both Mary- Martha and Chris serve not only yummy food, but beautiful food. When you're there and you've sampled all the wonderful creations, be sure to ask about a Howler's Inn Breakfast Cookbook to take home. I've got reservations for Thanksgiving and can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I found Howler's to be absolutely delightful on many levels. Mary Martha and Chris were perfect B&B hosts, warm and welcoming. They seemed happy to further their guest's interest in their special attraction. The lodge was designed as a B&B, not something cobbled and crammed together. The room was spacious, with huge windows that looked out on the mountain vistas. It was meticulously clean. The food was wonderful. And then there are the wolves. We spent an unforgettable hour with our hosts and the wolves, watching them interact and play. How often do you get an opportunity to get that close to wolves in a natural setting? This is a very special place, one I look forward to returning to. Oh, and if you go -- take a pack of hot dogs for the wolves!

Room Tip: We had the Aspen room. It was furnished with two queen beds, a full bath, a separate vanity and a refrigerator. The large windows on three sides provide a feeling of being in the open. The view from bed as the sun rose over the mountains was wonderful. Other rooms looked out over the wolf enclosures, but we didn't mind. We could see the wolves during the day from many vantage points.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I were traveling southern Mt. for a possible move. Howlers was well located right between Bozeman and Livingston. It was quiet yet in 3 miles you were on the interstate. We can only echo how nice the rooms were and the gourmet breakfast. Best thing was to sit out on the patio in the absolute stillness of the mountains. A glass of complimentary wine at sunset was also a nice touch. Again very nice host who respect the outdoors.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple