“Rejuvenation at Howlers Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bozeman
Howlers Inn Bed & Breakfast and Wolf Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 12 Bozeman B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2011

ABout five years ago I took my three adult daughters to Howlers Inn and Wolf Sanctuary. We stayed in the big room with the two double beds and great view with a lovely bath room with a sky window and foilage on one wall of the shower. It was winter with white everywhere which made the wolves all the more beautiful. We were treated with their howling which was an amazing experience. I knew that I would be back one day and this past July I brought my 2 1/2 yr. old grandson, Finn, for a visit. He talks about the fun we had at the "Big House". And, fun we did have. One afternoon, he and I had a picnic lunch out on the deck. That evening, the girls and I and Finn enjoyed a pizza after spending the day in Yellowstone. Our accomodations were excellent. I chose the same room again because one of the nights my oldest daughter, Nicole, and a quasi adopted teen step-grandaughter, Lily, came to stay with Finn and I. The hearty breakfast was delicious and attractively served. Once again, like my first visit to Howlers Inn, Mary Martha and Chris were exceptional hosts! I know that before too much time passes me and my family will be booking another stay at Howlers Inn!

Room Tip: The end room with the two queen sized beds nicely accomodated the Pack and Play we needed for my 2 1...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had a wonderful time at Howlers Inn. What a special place. The rooms were cozy and quiet, the breakfast was delicious and the wolves...well, what an unique and special experience. And Mary-Martha and Chris could not have been more gracious hosts. I recommend a night or, better yet two or three here, without any reservation. It will really make your trip special...and seeing the wolves up close is something you won't forget. A truly unique and special place.. Oh, and the view was pretty phenomenal as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LA A
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I recently traveled to Montana and Howlers Inn was recommended to us by a friend. WOW...what an amazing place! Our incredibly clean, well decorated room overlooked the wolves and it was so beautiful to just sit and watch them. Chris and Mary Martha are very welcoming but also let guests have their space too. Downtown Bozeman is a neat little town with art galleries, boutiques and restaurants. I sat out on the back patio every night and just watched the sun set and the stars come out...very peaceful and relaxing. We are going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I think I've been to Howlers Inn at least 5 times (maybe more). The Bahn family are experts at welcoming guests into their home and making them feel like they are family. The rooms are magnificent, my favorite is the Southwest Room because it looks out over the wolves. It's amazing to hear the wolves howl and peer into the dawn to see their heads tilted up and letting the world hear there song. Chris and Mary-Martha are very well educated about all aspects of caring for their wolves, and you need never feel that the wolves aren't wonderfully cared for.

Winter in Montana is a magical experience. The wolves love bright, sunny, COLD days and my favorite thing to do is to watch them chase each other around the hill through the snow, or just roll about then fall asleep in exhaustion.

All the seasons at Howlers are wonderful. Spring has wild flowers popping out, and a small creek running through the wolf enclosures, Autum has the leaves chagning on the hillsides and on the property. Sitting out on the patio with complimentary wine, and a book is sheer bliss.

Oh.... I forgot breakfast. Nothing but the best is offered daily. You will be served wonderful food around a large table full of happy guests trading stories about their day. Both Mary- Martha and Chris serve not only yummy food, but beautiful food. When you're there and you've sampled all the wonderful creations, be sure to ask about a Howler's Inn Breakfast Cookbook to take home. I've got reservations for Thanksgiving and can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I found Howler's to be absolutely delightful on many levels. Mary Martha and Chris were perfect B&B hosts, warm and welcoming. They seemed happy to further their guest's interest in their special attraction. The lodge was designed as a B&B, not something cobbled and crammed together. The room was spacious, with huge windows that looked out on the mountain vistas. It was meticulously clean. The food was wonderful. And then there are the wolves. We spent an unforgettable hour with our hosts and the wolves, watching them interact and play. How often do you get an opportunity to get that close to wolves in a natural setting? This is a very special place, one I look forward to returning to. Oh, and if you go -- take a pack of hot dogs for the wolves!

Room Tip: We had the Aspen room. It was furnished with two queen beds, a full bath, a separate vanity and a r...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My wife and I were traveling southern Mt. for a possible move. Howlers was well located right between Bozeman and Livingston. It was quiet yet in 3 miles you were on the interstate. We can only echo how nice the rooms were and the gourmet breakfast. Best thing was to sit out on the patio in the absolute stillness of the mountains. A glass of complimentary wine at sunset was also a nice touch. Again very nice host who respect the outdoors.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The Howlers Inn was recommended highly to us and our visit in August 2011 justified the praise. The B&B is very clean and tidy, the owners are friendly and helpful, many comfortable locations are available for reading, wine is always available, and the mountain scenery is postcard perfect. The most remarkable offerings are the imaginative and always wonderful breakfasts, and the wolves in pens behind the sleeping area. We could look out our windows and see the wolves playing, or eating, or sleeping. At night we could hear then baying. They are there as rescued victims and beeing nursed back to health by the owners, Mary Martha and Chris. For an unusual stay at a B&B, what can beat wolves at night - under your windows?

Room Tip: There us no air conditioning, but big fans are in each of the three bedrooms and one suite. The we...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple