“unexpectedly great”

SoHo asian Cusine
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 22, 2018

We just crossed the street to start looking for a place to eat and noticed the sign for this place. Following some stairs and ramps, we ended up on the second floor in a very open space with huge windows open to the street.
Our waiter was polite and the right amount of attentiveness.
We ordered a fried rice dish, a shrimp stir-fry, and some spring rolls. Delicious!
Very happy all the way around.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

While in Butte for the folk festival, we were in the mood for Chinese food. We read positive reviews about SoHo and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The food was fresh and plentiful. The meat and vegetables were fresh and hot. The rice was cooked properly and filling. Service was prompt and attentive. We walked out the door with plenty of leftovers. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

I don't want to be too hard on this place because to be honest I don't expect much from a Chinese restaurant in America. And Soho turned out to be just what I expected: food drowned in a load of sweet sauce, light on the spice. I ordered to Sichuan dishes, labeled as spicy, and neither one had even a hint of pepper. We wound up throwing half our food away. The decor was really nice, but the lady who met us at the counter was cold and distracted. My wife and I tried speaking Chinese with her, and though she understood what we were saying it was clear she was irritated by it. Maybe that part is my fault, so I can't blame her too much.

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here for the first time recently. The room, appointments, and view were great, as was the service. The food while good was very much Americanized Chinese food. Also thought the food was a bit pricey, especially given the portion size on some dishes. While it has a few shortcomings i would definately return for another meal.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

I was asked to recommend somewhere for sushi. This being Butte there are very limited options, as in it was not Thursday so SoHo was the only option. I had visited SoHo for sushi some years earlier and remembered it being OK, so I felt fairly confident in recommending it to friends. Wrong.
There were 6 people total, 2 of them were children and 1 of the children only ordered white rice. This was the beginning of the slowest dining experience, ever.
Once the orders were placed the staff and drink refills were very hard to come by. The food was very slow to arrive and when it did it was one meal at a time, seriously. No exaggeration, it was sit for close to an hour only to watch the person next to you eat. The best you could do was secretly and selfishly hope you would be the next to get your food.
It was no better for the one who got their food first. Think about it, who wants to eat in front of a hungry group, drooling with grumbling stomach, as they think up ways to distract you to steal a piece of your luke warm Chinese food?
After what seemed like an eternity, probably actually closer to 2 hours, everyone received their food, except the person with the simplest order. The white rice took a second request. It is a good thing 3 year olds cannot write reviews. I am sure after watching 5 others get their meals before a simple bowl of white rice that that review would be much less kind than this one. The clue you may be in the wrong place is when other customers, who arrived after you, have ordered and also left before their food has arrived. Meanwhile, you are still waiting, patiently.
The highlight of this visit was when then check arrived and had an 18% gratuity included. I could not make that up if I tried, in this case truth really is stranger than fiction. Maybe the gratuity was actually an hourly rental charge for seating? Based on this experience I am baffled that SoHo is the highest rated Chinese restaurant in Butte, MT

The moral of the story is “Don’t get your restaurant recommending privilege revoked by suggesting a bad sushi restaurant”.

Date of visit: August 2017