All reviews motorcycle trip wonderful hosts gene derby bed montana
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Everyone raves about Inge and her cooking, and deservedly so. She could not have been more gracious or accommodating with our dietary preferences or changing schedule. Her breakfasts were superb and varied, and featured superb local ingredients, baked goods, preserves, etc. Fabulous.

But let's not forget Monte, whose laid-back friendliness and enthusiasm for the wild beauty and wide-open spaces provides a perfect counterbalance to Inge.

As others have mentioned, The Darby is spotlessly clean, environmentally green, and situated in a spectacular valley. We enjoyed a full moon rise from the ofuro one night--doesn't get any better.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked The Darby on past reviews and we have absolutely NO regrets.
From the first step into The Darby until we left, we were treated royally. The guest rooms are large and comfortable, a bed that you just sink into and are asleep immediately, and the bath had signature soaps and lotion, soft luxurious bath towels and a heated floor.
I have no words to describe the BEST gourmet breakfast I've ever had: fresh fruit, hot from the oven bread, steaming cups of coffee, and the incredible main course egg dish. We spent 3 nights and each breakfast was different.
Although we didn't take advantage of the hot tubs, because the weather was hot, we will in the future. They are set up with a wood burning fire to heat the water and Inge heats it to perfection according to the other guests.
The views from the Darby of the Bitterroot range on one side and the rolling hills on the other make for a beautiful sunrise and sunset.
Inge and Monte are incredible hosts, friendly, full of stories, and always available if you need anything.
Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Darby B&B is a great oasis in Western Montana. Large immaculate rooms, comfy bed and the breakfast was superb. The hosts are charming and have put a lot of effort into making their guests comfortable. Beautiful garden and good location to explore the Bitterroot Valley and environs. Great value. Glad we stayed.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at The Darby for our first vacation together after getting engaged. I can't say enough about the accommodations, location and wonderful hosts. For about the same price as a standard budget hotel, The Darby offers a home away from home experience, high quality products and acoomoodating service.

We did a lot on our vacation- everything from shopping in Missoula (day trip because it's a super easy drive from Darby) to snowboarding (20-30 minutes drive from The Darby) and snow shoeing (Inga helped us rent snow shoes). We even had a romantic night in. Inga helped arrange a couple's in-room massage and then we cozzied up by the fire and watched a movie (The Darby has a small movie library as well as full cabel options).

Every morning Inga prepared a delicious, multi-course gormet breakfast for us. To make this even more amazing, breakfast was served at whatever time we wanted to eat which changed each day based on our slated activity and agenda. It is obvious that Inga takes pride in taking the best possible care of her guests.

I hope my fiance and I make this our new family tradition together. I can't wait to go back to The Darby and would recommend you give it a try the next time you want a great vacation.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I arrived late at night because of flight to find warm scones awaiting me. I was not expecting much but that thought quickly escaped. The hosts bent over backwards to help us with anything we needed, setting up excursions, directions, reviews of things, etc. The food is phenomenal and the hosts are spectacular as is the scenery.

Date of stay: December 2010