The Darby
  • Restaurant
Quality Inn(Hamilton)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I arrived late at night because of flight to find warm scones awaiting me. I was not expecting much but that thought quickly escaped. The hosts bent over backwards to help us with anything we needed, setting up excursions, directions, reviews of things, etc. The food is phenomenal and the hosts are spectacular as is the scenery.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I recently spent a week at The Darby with my family. Before arriving at The Darby, I was preparing myself to be staying in a run down, funky and slightly uncomfortable setting. When I stepped foot inside The Darby, all my worrying stopped. I immediately felt comfortable and cozy in the home-like environment. The place was sparkling clean, beautifully decorated, and wafts of freshly baked pastries filled air. When I picked my room I was excited to see chocolates laid out on my plush, cozy bed. Inge and Monte are exceptional hosts. Not only are they extremely nice and helpful, but they are fun to be around, and oh, did I mention, Inge makes the BEST BREAKFASTS I have ever had! Seriously, her breakfasts are creative, artistically displayed, and most importantly, the are absolutely delicious! I loved my time spent at the Darby, waking up to a five star breakfast, seeing the beautiful scenery out each window and hanging out by the fireplace after a long day of snow activities. The Darby is just a fabulous place to spend special time being well taken care of by Inge and Monte. I will be back!

Reviewed 11 January 2011

My family and I stayed at The Darby the week before Christmas and bought out the place. The accommodations are absolutely top notch and the decor is tastefully done and comfortable. We really enjoyed reclining by the fireplace on the comfy leather furniture to chat and play games or watch some football, and my brother couldn't stop raving about how comfortable his bed was. I understood why when I tucked myself into the pillow-top bed with the obviously high thread count bedding, it was like sleeping on a cloud.

Monte and Inge are everything you could want in a host. They are friendly, caring, helpful, and a real understanding of how a little hospitality can elevate a place from good to exceptional. They even arranged for us to get massages in the B&B, a real treat!

I would be remiss to write a review without mention of Inge's extraordinary breakfasts. They were beautiful, flavorful, inventive, and bountiful. It was like waking up to eat breakfast at a Michelin star restaurant in your PJ's, fantastic.

As for the town of Darby itself, we found out that there are a myriad of activities available in this quaint little cowboy town nestled in the Bitterroot Valley. We went skiing and snowboarding at the fantastic and affordable Lost Trails ski resort on the border of Idaho 40 minutes away, rented gear in Hamilton and went snowshoeing at Lake Como, did some snowmobiling, and also took a scenic drive and had a picnic at the breathtaking Painted Rocks State Park about 20 minutes from the Darby. Our favorite meals, besides breakfasts of course, were at the Naughty Moos, a traditional steak house type of restaurant with a big bar and pool table, and The Little Blue Joint which had excellent Mexican dishes, pizzas, and an amazing caesar salad!

Believe it or not, I could continue to go on about how magical our stay at The Darby was, but I'll end it here and say simply, if you're thinking about visiting the Bitterroot Valley, stay at the Darby, you will be happy you did.

Reviewed 11 January 2011

It is an amazing bed and breakfast, such a beautiful location and the Innkeepers are so friendly and generous. They make an amazing hand made breakfast every morning. The Inn is absolutely stunning with all it's wood furnishings. All the furniture is so comfy that you never want to leave. The beds are without a doubt the best I have slept in in my entire life, all in all The Darby was an amazing place and an amazing experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2011

We were so surprised to find ourselves busy for a whole week at The Darby. With Skiing, Snowmobiling, Showshoeing and the unbelievable drive through Painted Rocks Canyon this was a vacation to remember and Inge's sumptuous breakfasts were a lot of the talk with our kids! Don't even bother thinking about Linch as Inge makes such a terrific and varied array of breakfast items differing every day so that you leap out of bed to the aroma each morning! Rumor is they will have hot air balloon rides this summer too!