All reviews horseback riding guest ranch fly fishing paradise valley breakfast and lunch buffets fabulous week kids program outdoor activities white water rafting challenge course the entire staff great riding gourmet food tennis courts the main lodge skeet shooting well trained horses
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The week our family stayed here was perfect! The staff are completely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and inviting. The activities are available and suited to all. The food is gourmet. The closeness to Yellowstone makes it a great jumping off place to the park.

Date of stay: October 2011
1  Thank NCTRIP
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I love staying at boutique hotels, but decided to go out on a limb and try Mountain Sky Guest Ranch. Friends have raved about their family vacation there, but I found out you can come as a solo traveler and enjoy a quieter experience in the spring and fall. I was looking for some horseback riding and relaxation, and they are only 30 minutes from Yellowstone National Park, which is something I've always wanted to see.

I made some great friends during my stay (some of us had a great bonding moment at 7am when our hike guide pointed out a moose about 20 yards off trail), I fell in love with my horse (General, I miss you!), and found that I couldn't get enough of the food! My only complaint was a torn screen on the front door of my cabin, but all I had to do was mention the problem at breakfast, and it was fixed by the time I’d returned from my morning ride.

The staff we so genuinely nice, and some of my favorite moments came from those interactions... A hilarious game of hearts with the staff in the bar, an impromptu dancing lesson with one of the wranglers, and a great morning conversation on the porch over coffee with a hiking guide whose hikers never showed up. They all made me feel right at home.

I saw Yellowstone, I saw beautiful Montana, and I got spoiled rotten!

Date of stay: May 2009
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank CntW82Trvl
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The hotel was absolutely breathtaking. The pictures on their web-site comes close to giving you an idea but lacks the true justice this hideaway gives you when you arrive. Checking in and out was a breeze. The grounds were laid out so that you had privacy, but nothing was to far a walk from your room. The main lodge was gorgeous - enough said. The food was outstanding with something to please everyone (and plenty of it). The rooms were cozy and warm and decorated with the theme of it's surroundings (would remind me a little like the Cartwrights house on Bonanza - perfect for it's setting). The staff was extremely pleasant and attentive to any of your needs. If you needed, one of the staff would come and light the fire in your room for you. There were different types of guests at the ranch - some new, many "be-backs", a couple of groups, very few singles. We met some of the nicest people (it helps if your a little bit of an extrovert). It is not really a place for singles to meet singles - you should go if you want to relax and ride. The hotel supplied some kind of entertainment "almost" nightly. We had a great time on the sing-a-long (or not) hayride - some of us even got to drive the team of Percherons(?). We were given a tour of the old school house that is on the property and had a breakfast, lunch and dinner ride during our stay - you wouldn't believe that they could still have the array of food that they served at the main lodge on these rides, but guess what - they did!!!. The scenery is as everyone else writes "breathtaking". The horses seemed to be well-fed and taken good care of. A few things that I would have liked to do but was not offered would have been some horsmanship classes or roping/barrel racing classes. Mountain Sky Ranch is definitely an upscale place - you show up and your horse is saddled and ready to go when you're done with your ride you get off and hand them the reins. If you ask they will usually let you help with some of the grooming. To try and sum this up - this was one of my most memorable vacations - Good People - Great Food - Fresh Air & Horses - what more could you ask for. Thank you Mountain Sky

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank chickadee2u
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I fell in love with Montana on the drive up to Mountain Sky Ranch. Our stay on the ranch was sooo much more than we expected. The cabins were amazing - loved the wood burning fireplace, the food was to die for and always plenty of it. The staff made our stay that much more special. The wranglers were great and took such good care in matching us up to a horse that fit our riding ability. The rides throughout their 10,0000 acres were different everyday, with breathtaking views, just unforgettable. I enjoyed it so much that I went back by myself two weeks later - first ever in ranch history :) and booked my next trip for May 2009. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me and ask. My name is Coleen and my email address is sadiegirl1968@yahoo.com.

Date of stay: September 2008
1  Thank sadiegirl1968
Reviewed January 28, 2007

We had our family reunion at this unbelievable ranch resort in July 2005. There were 20 of us who stayed here for a week and not one of us had a single complaint. The staff and accomodations were out of this world. The staff went above and beyond-including baking a gourmet cake for my son's birthday(no charge).The cabins were hardly "rustic",each with beautiful porches. Would go again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: July 2005
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank spf2