“Great experience at mountain sky ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emigrant
Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I had a great time here. I think most people will, with certain qualifications. This is a place for people who want to be outdoors and experience rural Montana. There is no television or radio on the property. There is excellent free wi-fi available, but only in the lodge, not your cabin. It is assumed that you want to horseback ride or hike. Golfing is also available. There really isn't much else to do here. Having said that, those activities are what I wanted to participate in, so I had an excellent experience.
The ranch exists in two incarnations. In May, September and October they have adults only lodging. In June, July and August it is family camp, where you stay for one week periods. I stayed in September, so I know nothing of the family camp. I have heard during family camp they have many activities designed for children, but I can't speak to that.

I can say that the cabin my wife and I stayed in was really big, with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. In terms of size it is the largest room I have ever gotten. Food comes included with your daily room payment. Breakfast and lunch are all you can eat buffet. Supper you have a choice of main course. I thought the food was excellent. There is a lot of staff around, and they are friendly and want to help.
The horseback riding was the highlight of our trip. I haven't been on a horse for 25 years, but they found one that worked for me. They have both morning and afternoon rides and the staff who worked with the horses really knew their business.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davidcalifornia

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Mountain Sky is an exceptional ranch. Beautiful scenery, wonderful cabins, delicious food and fantastic fun. We came with our two children and they are already asking when they can return. You can do as much or as little as you would like. Thank you for a wonderful trip. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We went to Mountain Sky for Fall Round up in August 2011 to celebrate my Mom's 60th birthday. My mother, my husband and my brother-in-law were able to all share a cabin. It was very comfortable for everyone. I referred to this trip as The Four Season version of Summer Camp. My mother's main objective was to ride as much as possible, which she was able to do twice a day for two hours at a time. My husband had never ridden before. It was the perfect opportunity for him to learn as they had perfect horses for beginners and nice easy going trails. The head wrangler meets with you the first night at dinner to match you up with your horse for the week. They do an excellent job! My horse was perfect for me as an experienced rider and my husband's horse was perfect for him as a newbie. There were also numerous activities for the non-rider. We did yoga twice a day, toured Yellowstone National Park and hiked. My husband also enjoyed fly fishing and their just opened golf course. We did a lunch ride where we rode out to an old homestead, ate and rode back. My husband, who didn't want that long of a ride was able to go in a van and join us for the meal. The food was over the top. Thank goodness for all the activities or our horses would have noticed our extra weight gain! My Mom had found Mountain Sky on the internet. We hoped it lived up to it's tale. It did and then some. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a mountain adventure with first class creature comforts.

Room Tip: Cabins are more than spaciouse enough for sharing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dwilson785
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is truly one of the most wonderful spots on our dear planet. Thanks to Arthur Blank, of Home Depot fame, it should remain as it is for posterity. The team that runs the ranch, from the wranglers to the hotel and dining staff, is a collection of young, well educated kids who really know their stuff.
There is an effortless feel to what they do, even though they work themselves to the bone! The friendliness is natural, the joy of working for this organization is obvious in their behavior. The cabin I had, The Pony, was as charming as they come...looking out on a small pond, with Big Creek running just a few steps away. Rustic comfort at it's best. The lunch and dinner bell was a call to wonderful food and service. It's not The Four Seasons, but Pam's breakfast pastries and cookies are hard to beat! There is no room service. The activities are focused on hiking or riding their 140 horses in the glorious mountains and hills surrounding the 8400 acre ranch, but there are many other activities to enjoy as well. This is a very special place, run by very special people. GO!

Room Tip: For a couple, I would say the Pony...it's a cabin with living room, bath and king bedroom...and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 23 February 2012

A dream trip. Gourmet food and riding twice a day. Great salt water pool and hot tub to soak away any aches. Lodging was comfortable and the cool mountain air made sleeping under a quilt so warm and peaceful. The views were post card perfect. Didn't feel 60 and highly recommend to any adult wanting an extraordinary vacation.

Room Tip: No bad rooms at this property.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RoyalKitty51
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked to return the day I was departing! The location is extraordinary, the activities were great for all levels and tailored each day to meet each individuals needs - nothing ever stood in the way of a fabulous hike or ride to somewhere different, the food was both homely and delicious, but best of all the people who worked there became friends.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank khuckerMiami
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The week our family stayed here was perfect! The staff are completely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and inviting. The activities are available and suited to all. The food is gourmet. The closeness to Yellowstone makes it a great jumping off place to the park.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank NCTRIP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emigrant
27.2 km away
320 Guest Ranch
#1 of 5 in Gallatin Gateway
9.4 km away
Paradise Gateway Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mountain Sky Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!