All reviews horseback riding guest ranch fly fishing paradise valley fabulous week outdoor activities white water rafting incredible experience the entire staff challenge course the main lodge great riding gourmet food skeet shooting other guests well trained horses teen program
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

What a magical place. The driveway up to the ranch, the lack of cell phone service and that’s just the beginning. The people couldn’t be friendlier, more pleasant or inviting in their enthusiasm in sharing this oasis tucked away in paradise valley.

The cabins are perfectly luxurious and the lodge is rustic enough to truly relax.

The food is outstanding and the activities can’t be beAt. Hands down the best.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017

After much research we decided to stay at the Mountain Sky Guest Ranch and were not disappointed! The staff there was incredibly friendly, courteous, and accommodating. A wide range of activities meant that there was never a want for something to do. Dining was top notch, and had a wonderful time meeting and conversing with the other guests. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely first class vacation! Something for everyone. Horses knew their job and did it well. Wranglers were superb, very impressed with ALL the staff! Food was positively wonderful as are the facilities them self. Met lovely folks vacationing as we were. Would recommend this ranch to anyone! Just a great great place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2017

What a wonderful riding Holliday with great rides on the mountains with expansive views, perfect horses, cabins were home away from home, 5 star meals, staff was amazing from the front desk, wranglers, massage therapist, chefs, bar tenders......
Piece of Paradise for sure as the valley is named. Mountain Sky is calling I Must Return. Thank you for an unforgettable vacation in my favorite place Montana.
On the edge of Yellowstone for a day trip, skeet shooting, golf, pool....choose your calling.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I chose to do something a bit different for our honeymoon. She loves horseback riding, and I love the outdoors so Mountain Sky seemed like the perfect fit.

I'll provide the short review first. We had the most incredible experience we could have ever hoped for. If you're thinking about going to Mountain Sky, book it! You will not be disappointed.

For the more detailed review...

THE LODGING: We loved our little cabin. We stayed in Virginia City and it was perfectly located. Close to the pool, main lodge, and horse barn, we had short walks anywhere we wanted to go. While we loved our cozy temporary home, all of the cabins looked amazing and centrally located.

THE FOOD: Un. Be. Lievable. The quality of every meal was outstanding. Every dish was mouthwatering. My wife has some food restrictions and the entire staff went out of their way to accommodate her. Every meal was totally unique compared to the last and equally as delicious.

THE ACTIVITIES: There were so many activities available it was a bit hard to decide which ones to do. We opted for fly fishing and massages and couldn't have been happier. We didn't golf, but anyone who did raved about the course and the immense joy derived from being the only one (or two) people on at any given time.

THE RIDING: My wife is the rider. Over 20 years of experience. I'm not. The fact that they accommodated both of us on the same rides was unbelievable. Every wrangler was sensitive to each person's needs. Amber in particular was outstanding. I couldn't trot when we first arrived and by the end of our trip I was loping everywhere I could. Amazing trails, beautiful horses, and exceptional instruction. The fact that your assigned horse is yours for the week is also wonderful. You develop a bond with your four legged friend that makes for much more enjoyable rides. Granted, it makes it much harder to say goodbye at the end of the week.

We had the most incredible time. Do not hesitate in booking. Except when space gets limited. Then don't book so my wife and I can go again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple