“Wonderful Staff!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gardiner
West Dundee, Illinois
“Wonderful Staff!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife & I can't say enough about how great the staff and accommodations are at this motel. The rooms are nice and are very clean. The breakfast was also very good. Cliff,Josh.Lupe,and Chuck took care of any and all of our concerns.We will come back again because of how these four people took such great pride and care of how the average customer is treated. No matter how nice the motel is it needs people like them to make it a GREAT PLACE!

My daughter made our reservation for us and was also impressed with the way Cliff helped her over the phone. He took the time to help her with planning our stay if we got in late.

Bob & Shirley Z.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank driveusa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I made reservation at this property for July stay way back in January but I just cancelled my reservation due to my unpleasant experience with their reservation system.

When I made my reservation, there is NO warning or statement to tell me that my credit card will be charged before my stay. There is only the usual cancellation statement indicating if I cancel within 72 hours of my stay one night of stay will be charged to my credit card and that is very common and reasonable. Also, the rate that I booked is NOT pre-paid rate neither.

All of a sudden, after making this reservation for 4 months and still 2 months before my travel date, they charged the first night of my hotel stay to my credit card. I had to spend lots of time tracking this transaction down. My credit card is very nice and they even transferred me directly to this particular travelodge to talk to them directly. The lady at the front desk simply said this is their policy. When I asked her how come it was not indicated on the reservation page, there was silence and she then just repeated her statement "this is our policy".

I cancelled my reservation right away. They did promise me a full refund and I sure hope they will. I do not like dealing with business who is not honest. If this is their policy, they should indicate it clearly on the reservation page and then customers could decide whether to take it or not.

For others who are still thinking of booking this hotel, please be warned, even though they do no indicate it on the reservation page, your credit card will be charged before your stay!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mjqueenCalgary
ysptravelodge, Owner at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It is always a disappointment for us when the hotel is unable to exceed a guests expectations. A guest taking the time to send a review provides us with tools to improve our service at the front desk. I do respect your concerns regarding your credit card being charged for the first night of your stay. Our hotel policy has always been to charge our guest the first night stay to guarantee the room will be held for the guests first night, ensuring the guest's reservation whenever they arrive. We will always refund the entire deposit if the room is cancelled 72 hours prior to our guest arrival. We are a seasonal hotel open for business May 1 to October 1 every year. When we open for business, we process all our reservations that we have received over the winter, so we can guarantee our guest have the room that they requested. Please review The Travelodge web site at the credit card portal for the the following policy: "We require a valid credit card to confirm your reservation and guarantee your room. Any required deposit or pre-payment will be charged to this card in advance of your arrival. Otherwise, your card will not be charged until you check-out.". We are disappointed that you cancelled your reservation, we would appreciate you giving us another opportunity to accommodate your stay at Yellowstone National Park .

Steve Rapp
Travelodge Hotel - Owner
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. It is a nice, clean, basic hotel. The breakfast was really good and the staff was very friendly. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank trimleston
Fair Haven, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My wife and 4 kids stayed here. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and it was close to everything. We will definitely stay here if we come out again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Central_Jersey_NJ
North Platte
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Turned up at about 3:00pm having booked the night before and been on the road for a long, long time. The lady in charge of reception was sitting outside reading a book but would not book us in until 4:00pm - despite clean rooms being available. After a drive around the town we returned and sat in the car park in full view of her until at 4:00pm she finally packed away her book and deigned to check us in. Considering the price of the place per night I'd expect a bit more, frankly. Everything else with the rooms (smoking room) and the facilities were as you'd expect from a Travelodge.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clashist
ysptravelodge, Owner at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Its always a disappointment when we don't exceed our guests expectations! As you can see, we strive to make every trip to Yellowstone Park Travelodge an excellent experience and that includes making sure the room is in pristine condition to ensure that your first impression is our best impression.
I hope you will give us another chance and the rest of your stay was a delight.

Steve Rapp
Travelodge Hotel
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Probably my favorite hotel on our Yellowstone trip. We traveled high season, taking our chances on accomodations. They had a 1 bedroom suite left (rm 212) which we took. It was surprisingly nice. Great leather furniture in living room, well equipped kitchen, comfortable bedroom. This room would make a good base for several days. The owner has a nice decorating eye, and I loved the Ansel Adams prints on the walls. Staff was very nice and helpful. They recommended a restraunt a few miles up the road called the Light House. The food was very good. Much nicer hotel than it looks outside. Good value and the breakfast was better than the average hotel with some home-made items. All areas of hotel were super
clean. Spotless, modern guest laundry room was a real plus.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite a nice treat.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dancingledge
Ansonia, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel the last week of July first week of August. It is located right outside of the North entrance to Yellowstone and we could actually see the Roosevelt arch from the top floor balcony. The room was very clean and the staff was great. I enjoyed the free breakfast, which included things like biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and potatoes. The only drawback was that there was no internet room like in some other hotels we have stayed at - yes, there's wifi in the room but what if you don't bring a computer? The town was tiny but cute with some great little restaurants and shops. If I was to return to Yellowstone I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cindy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
0.2 km away
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs
0.0 km away
Comfort Inn Yellowstone North
6.9 km away
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabins
Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel & Cabi...
#2 of 6 in Yellowstone National Park
6.8 km away
Yellowstone Basin Inn
Yellowstone Basin Inn
#1 of 6 in Gardiner

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!