“Good food, great beer”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Stayed in Gardiner on a whim. Being off-season, it was easy to get a room, and Iron Horse was just a walk across the bridge. The place itself is really neat to see, and walking around looking at all the things decorating the place is a must.

It wasn't very packed being off-season, which I like, and I was seated immediately. They're on point with their service and leave you alone until you need something. Which is great. They offer a lot of good options, and I went with fried pickles and the elk meatloaf. A big basket of fried pickles came. More than I expected. And the meal itself was a big place. Homemade mashed potatoes, full cob of corn, and a big cut of elk meatloaf. All of it was delicious.

They offer several local-ish beers. I went with the Cold Smoke, though I was tempted to try some others. I even lucked out later walking back to my hotel when I found out the gas station across the street stocked Cold Smoke. Now that I'm back in Arizona, I'm wishing I'd picked up some more.

Nice place to eat. Clean, fast service, great food and beverages, and the view is fantastic as well. Next time I'm in town, I'll repeat a visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

We ate at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill during our stay in Gardiner. The patio has a nice view that overlooks the river. I ordered their BBQ pork rib dinner. It was very good. The meat was fall off the bone tender. My dinner included a baked potato and corn on the cob. Their Shepard's pie was also very good.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

So, I don't eat basically ANYTHING on the menu here. That being said, their mashed potatoes and corn on the cob are delicious. Scott, our server, took great care of us. Nice house chardonnay and just great service and had a blast there. So much so that we went back the next night. When you're a vegetarian, you know there are not going to be many options in most restaurants, but when the service is great, then you go back!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

After leaving the lighthouse for numerous reasons this looked fun and local. oMG. Worst ever decision.
3 choices of wine by glass- beer is the house choice- ordered their bison steak with potato and house salad. Where to begin. Salad was mixed greens out of a bag. Old and wilted with old sliced mushrooms and old little tomatoes. Awful. Bison you could not cut let alone chew. We both got baked potato loaded that was both cold and burnt!! Loaded potato had bacon bites a smudge of sour cream in their little containers they use for everything and cheese from a bag!!! Absolutely the worst meal ever
On top it was freezing inside don't waste your money. We left and went to the Raven Grill.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

The Iron Horse has a deck with views over the river. It was a great location to get dinner and watch the sun set.