US$196
US$265
ComfortInn
US$233
US$194
Yellowstone Gateway Inn(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$345
Park Hotel Yellowstone(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$288
Best Western By Mammoth Hot Springs(Gardiner)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$272
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoffee makerburner stovein townscott streetkitchen utensilsextra twin bedstay there againgas stationsmall refrigeratorair conditionercable tvroom was cleanquiet at nightprice was reasonablelabor day weekendsized bedroosevelt arch
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed here 3 nights. It was quiet, close to the park, and a good value. Much nicer on all fronts than the madness of West Yellowstone. Refrigerator, table, microwave and sink, queen bed in unit #9. Liked the hand painted walls - nice touch. The cabin was tiny however, once we opened the suitcases and spread out. We only encountered the owner one time when we checked in. They had some funny postcards in the office that we liked, but it was always closed and locked. Food options in town are limited if you do not eat dinner early. We ran into a fair amount of latent hostility from locals who were clearly not happy with the never ending influx of tourists. This led us to plan meals elsewhere, prepare our meals in the room, and limit our time in Gardiner to sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

My husband and I spent 7 days hiking in Yellowstone and found the location great. We stayed in cottage #10 - 1 queen bed with kitchenette, small table, two burner cook top, microwave, coffee pot, toaster. Full bathroom. The cottages are not huge, but meet our needs. My only complaint would be that there were no pots/pans with the kitchenette and we were expecting there to be some. We had bought groceries ahead of time thinking we could cook basic meals and ended up having to throw away some things that we could not cook. We will stay here again, just plan different meals as taking pots/pans with us is not doable.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scoutmom
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I visited Yellowstone off-season and the only in-park lodging still open was $200/nite (ouch!), so I continued driving north to Gardiner and was lucky to find the Hillcrest Cottages. Friendly owners and clean, quiet cabins that are just a five minute walk from the restaurants, saloons, and laundromats downtown. Gardiner is a great little town and an ideal base for exploring Yellowstone!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank chicago_traveller1
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I love Hillcrest Cottages! The first time I stayed here was about 25 years ago with my then very young son, Shawn. I have such happy memories of staying here.

I am happy to say they have kept Hillcrest Cottages very clean and very well maintained throughout the years.

If you want an affordable, safe and clean place to stay without all of the unnecessary frills, this is the place for you.

We are going to Yellowstone Park next week and I hope that we are able to stay in Hillcrest Cottages again.

I wish I could afford to live here, it just feels like "Home" to me....

Thank you for all of the very happy stays!

Tara Lee Bertucci
Reno, NV (Formerly of Billings, MT)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank NVSheltieLover
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This place had a good review here so we booked it. Very nice, clean and friendly service. needed extra towels and had it, no problem. There was a stove, couldn't find pots. Also a fridge.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family