All reviews coffee maker burner stove in town scott street stay there again kitchen utensils extra twin bed small refrigerator air conditioner cable tv gas station room was clean quiet at night labor day weekend sized bed roosevelt arch yellowstone park
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Room was very simple. Wonderful place to stay when visiting Yellowstone. Room was clean and had everything you needed. The staff was super nice and gave us suggestions for eating and looking around the area. They suggested we drive up behind the cottages toward an old mine and what a treat - We got to see lots of elk and the view was fantastic. In fact, one came right up to our window of the car. Located right in town, so you can walk around to go eat or take a walk down near the river. Saw a herd of elk in town just before dusk. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank argvol
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Great cottage in a great location. You really can't get closer to Yellowstone's Mammoth Gate than this motel. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The kitchenette in our cottage was the perfect size so we could cook. I would not hesitate to stay there again. From what I could see, the cottages can only accommodate one vehicle per cottage though I'm sure you could park additional vehicles nearby. The staff will loan you kitchen utensils, pots, pans, etc. as needed--just ask.

Room Tip: all seemed good
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jarsteve
Reviewed September 29, 2017

We stayed here three nights while at Yellowstone Park. Our room had two queen beds and a twin bed, a little stove, small fridge and toaster. Shower was adequate. Bring your own pillows. A hairdryer would be nice, there wasn't one in the room. They came in each day and removed the garbage and removed towels if on the floor. Our electricity went out the second day. We eventually figured out the whole town was without electricity, but no one was in the office to ask any questions. You had to ring the door bell and then wait for someone to come down, but door bells don't work without electricity. But it is clean, and quiet and very good place to come back to after spending the whole day in the park. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dandlNebraska
Reviewed September 13, 2017

My husband and I made the decision to go to Yellowstone at the last minute over Labor Day weekend and as to be expected, pretty much everything in the park was booked. We were left with the option of paying through the roof prices for suites (the only rooms large hotels seemed to have left), a single room left in a really sketchy looking motel or a cabin at the KOA with a community bathroom and no bedding.
I was actually excited that I found the Hillcrest Cottages at the last moment and to our surprise they had two rooms left. I want to stress that we absolutely were not expecting a fancy hotel. This is a basic motel but if you keep that in mind, the price is well worth it. We paid $106 with tax for a cottage with a queen sized bed, a bathroom with a shower, a TV and a small breakfast type bar with a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge.
The shower was very small but the water pressure was good, the bed was not luxury but we slept just fine and the room overall was small, but very quiet. Did I mention how nice it was to not share walls with neighbors?
The room seemed to have been lightly remodeled recently as the paint was bright and the bathroom floor seemed new. There was also, what looked like, really cute hand painted animals along the wall. We enjoyed the little bench out front as it was a nice place to sit and watch the sky in the evening and there is a gas station/store right across the street for late night snacks. The only real cons I can say (if comparing to other budget lodging) is that there is a light that is way too low right above the bed that makes it hard to sit up on the bed. I bonked my head more than once on it. Also the air conditioner was a little on the clunky loud side (but we were happy to have air).
Comparatively speaking about surrounding cabins, if you want to stay in a park cabin - $100 will get you no private bathroom and possibly with a shared wall and good luck getting one without a six month in advance reservation and like I said about the KOA, you don't even get bedding. Overall we were happy with our stay here and are planning to take another trip to the park next year with plans to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mysticeyezz
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

We love the Hillcrest Cottages! We've stayed there twice now...a week each time!
It's convenient and a fun place to stay! A nice family runs the place. They take very good care of things.
The first time we stayed in number 10 and this last time we stayed in Cabin 11.
It's always hard to leave. Gardiner is a nice town, close to Yellowstone, groceries, gas station, shops, restaurants, church. Everything you'll need is there!
We told our kids about it and our daughter and husband stayed there when they went on vacation as well.
We will always stay there when we go to our favorite National Park! :)
Great memories! Great vacation! :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple