All reviews bed was comfortable fridge office sleep tv motel
Reviewed October 23, 2017

My wife and I stay in Hamilton fairly often, and when we do, we stay at the other better known chain hotels. Last night we decided to give Deffey's a try. What the heck, you know. Like all other reviews have said, the first thing that grabbed our attention was how old and small the rooms were. Yes, it was clean but in need of some attention. There was a hole in the wall where the door knob hit it, plastered over in spackle, neither primed nor painted. The throw rug in front of the futon and the carpet in the bedroom were spotted with who-knows-what and in need of a good shampooing. The vinyl on both kitchen chairs was torn and there was a huge gap under the front door, letting in all the exhaust from the construction crew's pick-ups warming up at 6:30 a.m. The soap holder in the shower was rusted and loose. If management would take a care of a few simple details like those mentioned above, the room would have seemed old but at least taken care of
because the price was inexpensive, the bed was pretty comfortable, and the TV worked.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rooster1Emma
Reviewed September 29, 2017

If you're a seasoned traveler and opt for thrifty over fancy, you understand what to expect in a locals motel - and can experience a full range of accommodations from quaint and cute to disgusting and disturbing. Deffy's ranks at the upper end of such places. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the heater was quiet and efficient. Despite being right on the main drag, the noise level was minimal. TV, fridge and coffemaker were all in good function.......and the free internet WiFi was extremely hi-speed, contrary to most mom & pop motels. The desk clerk was helpful and efficient (although his mention of fresh coffee at 7am in the tiny lobby wasn't true - sign on the door next morning said 8:30 due to illness delay). But this is trivial. Comfortable one night sleep (for $54!) was exactly what I hoped for and got at Deffy's.....it is a wise choice for economy travelers!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jimichongaJC
Reviewed July 10, 2017

First, entering the office I was well received by the staff with a smile and a sincere interest in asking how they could help me. Upon entering the room I was pleased with the cleanliness and how it was odor-free of the typical musty odors I've experienced in older motels. The temperature outside was 93 degrees and the small in-window AC unit was more than sufficient to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room. You could tell the room was well-maintained and kept in good working order. The only amenity my room did not have, that I use frequently when traveling, is a small refrigerator. I don't know if this was unique to my room. Regardless, I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Be sure to call directly to verify availability. They don't have their own website as of this posting.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wes W
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We were in room 25, a small room with 1 bed and a very odd bathroom. The toilet is placed in what I would consider the wrong direction and too close to the legs holding the sink up so anyone taller than about 4' must sit sideways. Strange but workable. The walk in shower is quite large, but the shower head is in the corner so one must huddle in the corner with it. There is no fan in the bathroom, but the window in the shower does open. This, of course, exposes the naked body (assuming one showers naked) to full view of anyone who might happen to stroll down the alley. It was an exciting risk to ponder, but I chose to shut the window.

The bed was comfortable to us, so probably hard, and everything seemed very clean. There were 3 chairs in the room which is notable because there is absolutely no place to hang any clothing so read up on the art of chair draping before going.

We could smell natural gas and the heater was warm when we entered the room but the maintenance staff/check in guy came immediately and checked on it and we didn't have any more issues with it.

There was loud music playing ALL Friday night until about dawn on Saturday, which the hotel has no control over, but it wasn't as quiet as expected.

The screen door on the entrance to our room was very nice so that we could leave our door open in the evening and enjoy the cool, natural air.

It's a cheap, clean place to sleep.

Room tip: Ground floor is best
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Julie L
Reviewed May 1, 2016

Old but good place to lay your head for a sleep. Fridge in room was nice, as the temps outside were about 100F. The price was right. Other places in town were so overpriced, so this fit the bill. Just don't leave your pillows there, they will claim them as their own. I packed up the car to leave and realized I left my kids pillows behind. When I went to claim them they said there were no pillows. I was on a big road trip from Alaska, so obviously I did not leave them anywhere else.

Date of stay: July 2015