“Expected More”

Residence Inn Helena
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I understand the hotel is under renovations and we had an older room, however. The bed was lumpy and I kept rolling into the center. There was trash in the room under the counter. The pool was nice, however the splash area was freezing! During breakfast they ran put it eggs and it took 20 mins. to get more. I'm not sure I will stay here again, maybe after renovations are done. :( I expected a lot more for a 4.5 star hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Emmet M, General Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Idrilmoonshadow,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Helena.

I am so sorry about your room, we definitely fell short of expectations there. I have gone over your feedback with my operations manager and she has assured me that she will work with the housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't get missed again. I checked your room and the coffee pot lid was not connected properly, I am sorry it wasn't caught when cleaned.

As you are aware we are under renovations at the moment and part of the process is replacing all of the beds. I know it doesn't fix what you experienced but should you have a chance to come back I am sure you will be pleased with the replacements.

I have also spoken with the kitchen staff, they apologized for the delay with the food prep. We had several teams here this past weekend and keeping up was a challenge.

I am glad you found the pool to be a nice temperature, the splash pool can sometimes get a little colder due to how shallow it is and high use. When we have so many kids in house the replacement water is going to be a little cooler until it has had time to warm up. It is set at 86 degrees and after checking it this morning the water (due to no use at this time) was at 85 degrees.

Thank you again for your feedback. Should you find yourself needing a room in Helena again please feel free to call me directly, I will personally help you with your accommodations.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Location near airport. Typical breakfast- scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, etc. Monday - Thursday you get free eats in evening, some are main courses, some just deserts, overall a plus. Staff helpful, accommodating. Pool warm and open till 10 or 11. Fitness center with free weights, the TV did not work and I reported it on my first day and it was still not fixed 5 days later. Elevator was broken and i do not think it was fixed either at the end of my stay, but thankfully they put me on the first floor because i could not navigate the stairs. Does allow pets and of course sometime their owners leave them in the room and they will bark incessantly (the dog, not the owner.)

Room Tip: If you can't do the stairs, call to make sure the elevator is working.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Emmet M, General Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Edwarda909,

Thank you for taking time to review the Residence Inn, Helena. We appreciate the feedback as this helps us to improve our services.

I am so sorry about your TV and am looking into what happened. I was unaware of the situation and apologize for the lack of service. I have been speaking with my staff in regards to this and will work with them so this never happens again.

Yes, we welcome pets and their owners and ask that they respect others while at the property. If a pet is bothersome we try to reach the owner immediately to help remedy the situation. We have updated our pet policy to help us with these matters and will work harder to handle directly.

I apologize for the Elevator, over the holidays the elevator went down and over a week the technicians were out everyday working on a fix. Several parts were replaced and it is back up and running again. Thank you for allowing us to put you on the first floor so it wasn't any more of an inconvenience for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will work on our service issue and hopefully you will be back soon to see our finished look with the remodel.

Kind regards,

Emmet M.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Staff is always cheery and makes you feel welcomed and at home the minute you walk in the door. Rooms are clean, warm colors, very modern and spacious. Really feel at home the minute I step in to the lobby where there is a fire burning and a comfortable area to hang out in.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel as it was right across the street from the soccer field. I was a little nervous as the room we got had only a king bed and a pullout couch. It worked great for me and my two girls. Others had similar rooms added a blow up mattress. The room was beautiful, prices were great. The breakfast was warm and plentiful. The lobby had plenty of seating space as well as seating space outdoors. The pool was also very nice and so was the hot tub. A great hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor of any hotel are always quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Our room is great. Very clean, open, full kitchen. Every single person on the staff we have encountered has said hello and greeted my kids too. Breakfast this morning was perfect and my kids are loving the pool. A lot of fun.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Nice large modern rooms, easy check in with friendly accommodating staff. The rooms are well furnished and the kitchen stocked with kitchen items. Bed was comfortable with the tv that rotates to view from either bed or couch. Only negative was the shower head needs improvement, either sprays wildly or fire hose. Ask for room on north side away from the traffic.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pb4y
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's a very clean hotel and has friendly employees. Made the stay enjoyable and pleasant. Nice size room, separate bedroom, full size refrigerator, room to work at the small kitchen table. My room was a corner room, had a 'fireplace' in it too. TV in bedroom and TV in living room area. Gym room has two (squeaky) treadmills, elliptical, stationary bike, universal machine and free weights. Stayed on a Tuesday night, by 8 pm the parking lot was packed full. The property is off by itself, so you can't reasonably walk to anything but there's food about half mile away. It's right by the airport, so expect to hear a little jet noise but it wasn't overbearing.
I'd stay again if I pass through Helena again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side, away from the front/airport side.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business