“Many happy returns”

The Master Suite Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Kalispell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We have stayed at the Mastersuite several times in the past year and each time we feel like we are returning to visit good friends and to enjoy the peaceful ambience of this remarkable place. We have stayed here each time we came to the area for the wonderful musicals in Whitefish by The Alpine Theatre Project. Jim and Donna are supporters of these music festivals and make our stays very special. While there is much to see in the Flathead valley we often just choose to "chill out" on their private patio, enjoying the view and the sound of the water fountain. Jim and Donna are constantly seeking ways to improve an already excellent experience. We can't recommend The Mastersuite too highly.

Room Tip: There is only one suite, prepare to be pampered.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We recently spent four nights at The Master Suite in Kalispell and thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations as well as the company of owners Jim and Donna. Our rooms were lush with comfortable bedding and the softest sheets and the recently remodeled master bath (yes, you have two!) was a plus. Upon our arrival we were welcomed with tasty little appetizers of chips and Donna's homemade hummus dip along with a bottle of local wine chilling in our little fridge. After staying in a single motel room in Glacier National park, this was a pure indulgence on my part with the solitude and views of Kalispell and the valley below our private patio and out in the chairs overlooking the vista.

Donna and Jim were perfect hosts and let you be but also, when engaged, provided welcome company and information about the area and local restaurants and even got us reservations at a popular and busy spot on the Fourth of July.

Our breakfasts were amazing and plentiful and healthy and delicious. She even accommodated us for a simple cereal version since we wanted to head back to GNP early.

Having the little kitchen area was a plus as we could pick up a few things for lunch and Donna was helpful in providing a fresh tomato, mayo, and lettuce for our sandwiches.

I enjoyed their family of pets and welcomed having Boomer by my side as I enjoyed my wine out reading one of the many guides they provide for hikes and information on the area.

And if we lived closer, Donna and Jim would be great friends. We so enjoyed talking to them and sharing our life stories.
If you enjoy being pampered and having privacy and good company, I highly recommend the gorgeous Master Suite Bed and Breakfast for a one-of-a-king getaway with memories to last a lifetime!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

This is by far the best place to stay in the Kalispell and Whitefish area. Quiet, comfortable, and absolutely relaxing. Great hosts, excellent breakfasts, and the privacy of having an entire floor of the house is exceptional.

The proximity to the places to visit and dine in the valley is great as is the short ride to Glacier National. By far, one the best experiences we've stayed at in quite a while.

We plan on staying there again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Edgar P
Reviewed 12 April 2015

Donna and Jim welcome you like good friends.

The Master Suite accommodations are exceptional from the comfortable bed and fine linens to the large couch for reading, listening to music or watching TV or a movie. We enjoyed the kitchen for a quick lunch or a glass of wine in the evening. The property is lovely. Take a stroll or just sit by the fire and watch the sun set.

The Breakfast…outstanding from the fresh squeezed juice to the coffee. Be sure to request the eggs benedict.

Nothing is to too far…Glacier National Park or Whitefish…an easy drive away. Donna will provide you with all the details for day trips and fantastic places to eat…

Enjoy, Karla and Pascal

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2015

My husband and I spent three wonderful nights at The Master Suite and had an amazing experience. The grounds are beautiful and the view can't be beat. Donna's gourmet breakfasts were delicious and something to look forward to. Donna and Jim are the perfect hosts and did everything possible to make sure our stay was memorable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane E
Reviewed 16 November 2014

I flew to visit a friend near Kalispell and being my first trip to Montana, wanted to take a few extra days to see the area before meeting her. I found the B&B through Trip Advisor (never disappointed yet!) and was taken especially by its architecture and landscaping. Donna was also very friendly and helpful on the phone, even before I made the reservation.

Upon arrival, Jim welcomed me and gave me a tour and information. There was a bottle of wine (excellent!) on the counter, along with a wonderful Raw Zucchini Hummus dip and crunchy brown rice tortillas. I was tired, the property is a bit away from Kalispell and I hadn't food shopped on the way, so that was my dinner...and a great one it was! It took me almost no time to get into my bathing suit and finish watching the setting of the sun over the mountains in the outdoor hot tub....priceless.

The place itself is like a set of rooms out of an upscale home decorating magazine. Donna and Jim paid attention to every detail...If I had wanted for anything, all I would have had to do was ask. They bent over backwards to make sure I had maps, directions, ideas for area exploration and good places for shopping and eating.

Being on my own, I elected to have breakfast (she made sure to have my eating and drinking preferences prior to my arrival) up at her kitchen island (the dining area in the living room and porch was terrific, but I was looking forward to a conversation and getting recipes :-). She had a covered French steamer full of coffee for me and I enjoyed huge and healthy gourmet breakfasts all 3 mornings. Her veggie omelet was one of my favorites EVER and the baked French toast...amazing. I had, by the way, watched the sun rise....in the hot tub!

The whole experience was a total winner. I would stay there again myself, and certainly suggest it to anyone visiting the area. The cost is not Motel 8, but for a treat or for those who want the best, it is so worth the price.

Room Tip: There's only one unit, and it's the most of the bottom floor of a wonderful house built into...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 13 November 2014 via mobile

This review has been a bit delayed just because of our busy life. The owner, Donna, was a great host for the five days we were at her property. The view was incredibly beautiful from the property. Donna's cooking was amazing. My fiancé has some pretty specific allergies to gluten, not just a preference, and Donna made sure to make perfect gluten free meals every morning for her. She was also happy to make me the same thing or a more typical breakfast. It was awesome. I truly appreciated this special accommodation. Donna was super helpful with setting up dinner reservations also as well as pointing out special places to go.

The entire bottom half of the home belongs to the guests during their stay. Check out the website for everything they offer. You just can't beat it for a great Kalispell vacation.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple