“Will not be a repeat guest”
Review of Motel 6 Kalispell

Motel 6 Kalispell
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Airdrie, Canada
“Will not be a repeat guest”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Spent two nights at the Motel 6 while on a family vacation, we reserved online in advance or we would have not chosen to stay here upon arrival. Check in was very friendly and I realize with a lower budget motel not to expect much but this was below even low expectations. We had a non smoking room but it reeked of old smoke and there was even an ashtray in the room. The rooms was very small with two double beds, shower bathroom looked newer and shower worked good. No sort of shampoo/lotion samples so be sure to come with that stuff. The carpet was not vacuumed very well because there were old toothpicks beside the bed from previous guests. There is no fridge or coffee maker but coffee is supplied in the lobby along with the ice machine. The pool was adequate but always short on pool towels. Wifi is additional $3 a night. There is also a coin laundry room but I never went in there. This is my first time at a Motel 6 but my husband has stayed at many others over the years and said that this one was low quality compared to the others he has been to. I would not recommend this motel nor would I stay there again if I returned to Kalispel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Moscato-Mama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The motel is a bit old and has seen better days, but its hard to find cheap rates in the summer in kalispell anywhere. It has friendly people working the front desk and a decent outdoor pool area. Good lounge chairs and very warm and clean pool. The rooms are small, but have new, clean bathrooms and good cable tv. However, the pet policy ruins the motel rooms in general. As the sheets are hard to rid of pet hair and I'm sure the carpets are in need of a steam cleaning. If you need just a night, its fine, but dont book a week there, etc. Next door there is a neat mexican rest. to have dinner.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Machynlleth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Used this Motel as a base while visiting Glacier National Park.

Both my friends and myself were happy with our rooms here. Standard Motel 6 setup, very clean. No aircon but there was a fan.

Plenty of places nearby to get snacks, and the guy on reception when we checked in was very keen to be helpful. Make sure you book an alarm call as they are very funny!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank rtl2
Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is an ideal national park hotel. It is cheap. It is clean. The staff is super friendly and helpful. In fact, the staff went out of their way to make sure my play was pleasant and that I had helpful advice for heading into Glacier National Park. The hotel was not too rundown like some Motel 6s are either. The area is quiet, and there are plenty of stores and restaurants nearby for food and supplies. Wireless internet was $3, like most Motel 6s.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SkippyChunky
Olds, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Every room in this place is a pet room. There was animal hair all over the place. If you want a pet free stay, avoid this place. Staff was good to deal with but there was nothing they could do as Motel 6 policy is PETS

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank chickenhawk1959
m60290, General Manager at Motel 6 Kalispell, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your cocncerns with us. We apologize for the problem witrh the pet hair. We strive to offer our guests a clean, comfortable and safe room throughout all our properties and we are, once again, deeply sorry that you were disappointed in your stay here at Motel 6
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed here because we were moving across the country and we were on a very tight hotel and food budget. When my daughter pulled down the bed and got in, her foot ran across some lingerie, and it wasn't hers or mine. Then, we found a dirty sock under the bed that didn't belong to us. Obviously, the room had not been "cleaned" very well. YUK!!! Not the cleanest motel AT ALL!! BUT, the staff was super nice! They gave me a refund on the room, so that helped out with out trip. However, if you choose to stay here, check the beds for dirty clothes before sleeping in them!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank iammolly
m60290, Manager at Motel 6 Kalispell, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Motel 6 Kalispell on Trip Advisor. Only through such constructive comments can we improve our product and service.
We will address the issues with the housekeeping supervisor and staff . They must watch more closely to detail to avoid these errors.
Please accept , one more time, our apologies and be rest assured that your comments will be
addressed in a serious manager.
Helena, Montana
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The night I checked into this hotel, my laptop PC and a hard drive were taken from a bag I'd stored there while attending meetings. There was no sign of any forced entry which makes me seriously question the controls and security in place here to ensure privacy and safety. Had I read a similar review here, I would not have stayed at this hotel, chosen for its inexpensive rates. This ended up costing me dearly. Sometimes the price of saving a few bucks is just too high. Hotel staff were sympathetic but that didn't help. The manager took some information but I haven't heard back. Hopefully this will prevent others from experiencing the same sorry outcome.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MTTraveler025
m60290, Manager at Motel 6 Kalispell, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We apologize for the matter of your lost equipment. Be rest assured that your comments will be addressed in the most serious manner. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.