“A nice place but could be better”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We stayed for 4 nights while visiting Glacier NP. The gentleman at check in was a very pleasant and quick for our check in and very quick in moving us along to our room. The room was big, comfortable and clean. Their housekeeping staff could use a little more training as the second night we returned to a clean room but the toiletries, coffee and towels were not restocked.It took a couple of hours before the front desk could get these to our room. The outdoor pool and hot tub were easy to get to and very relaxing. Breakfast was good although they did not provide any meat items for two of our breakfasts. When one particular night clerk did the cooking the breakfast was excellent. We got the impression from a few of the staff that the owners/management were cheap as they did not have any shampoo in stock by our third night and the breakfast staff was told not to change out the coffee unless the customer complained, even if it was left from the night before. Over all not a bad stay but like my title says, it could have been better.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel allows entry from the rear which if you use the side street allows you to skip...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Diane A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

I want to apologize the coffee not be hot, We have coffee 24 7 it is to be hot at all times, I have addressed the issue, I also would like to apologize for your room not be serviced correctly, and for there not being meat at breakfast, the only thing I can say on the meat is that it was being prepared, we do serve meat every morning

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Was surprised by all the excellent reviews of this hotel, it definitely is getting run down and is in need of some renovation.

The carpet in the hallway and the hotel rooms are all in need of replacement, plenty of stains throughout. The furniture in the rooms are all older and full of chips and dings from luggage being rolled in and out of the rooms. The bedding seemed a little newer, they use a white down comforter which is definitely preferred from the older bedspreads used in some Choice properties. The AC unit was definitely older, keep turning on and off all night long which was loud and disruptive for our sleep.

This is a motel style hotel, only 2 floors. Some rooms have balconies, but not all. The breakfast area is tiny, but tidy. They do serve a hot continental breakfast and have one waffle maker. We stayed 3 nights and had a different style of eggs each day offering a pleasant variety.

They do have an outdoor pool & hot tub. The hours are 10am to 10pm and the pool and hotel were pretty quiet throughout our stay. They were both nice temperatures.

the hotel is located pretty close to downtown Kalispell but we did have to drive. They have a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel and also a few options within walking distance including McDonalds.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Diane A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

I apologize for the carpet and furniture, I will address with the corporate office. I would like to you for the nice comments on breakfast and the breakfast area being clean.

I hope when you travel back to Montana that you come and stay with us

Reviewed 7 August 2016

The motel was notified about my being on oxygen with machines and needing a close room however they directed us a door with a staircase on one end and a long walk on the other. The rooms along with the hallways were extremely dingy and dirty looking. The room smelled very musty and the air conditioning barely worked. The room did not have a phone book and when I called the front desk about getting one I was told there is one at the front desk to use. We had to wipe down the toilet and sink before using with or own Clorox wipes. We did not dare to eat their breakfast due to the condition of the place. I walked out of my room at one point to see a employee working on a vacuum cleaner 15 feet from my door with the contents of the bag strewn about him on the already dirty and dingy carpet. Sadly at $200.00 plus a night it was way over priced. We should have booked at Motel 6 for a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Diane A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

I would like to Apologize for not being on a bottom floor and the room not being cleaned, I would like to also apologize for the phone book not being in your room and the front desk not bring you one. I would also like to apologize for the maintenance man for not fixing the vacuum cleaner in the maintenance room. I ensure you I have addressed issues.

I would like to thank you for bring these problems to my attention and hope you come see us again with better results.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Stayed here when another reservation fell through and I needed a rescue at 11 pm. The lower hall and lobby reeked of smoke, so I was not optimistic. However, my nonsmoking room on the 2nd floor was beautiful and newly redone. It had brand new mattresses, completely redone bathroom with additional outside sink, and was extremely clean. The included breakfast was spartan but helpful. Very grateful to have found this place in a pinch. Only downside is that it is in the opposite direction from Glacier Park when coming in to the airport.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is nonsmoking. 1st floor has STRONG smoke smell
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

I would like to apologize for the hallway of smelling like smoke I ensure you that isn't the norm, and will be addressed.
I would like to thank you the comment of the room being beautiful and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Bed was awesome (as usual), the place was clean and I appreciated there was a laundry room. The outdoor pool was refreshing after a hot day. Every staff I spoke to were always friendly and helpful. Yes the hotel is a bit outdated and could use a "refresh" but that doesn't take away from the fact that this place is a great place to stay.

The one minor downfall is there are no gluten free options like hard boiled eggs or yogurt. They had what looked like scrambled eggs (not appealing to me) but I didn't eat them.

I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Diane A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

I thank you for the nice comment, and sorry that the yogurt and hard boiled eggs were not out, we do have both on the breakfast menu.

I thank you again and hope to see you again on your next travel through Kalispell Montana.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The maids who cleaned our room were extremely lazy. The bathroom was never cleaned. The coffee was not replaced in the room. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap were not replenished. The breakfast food was gone before the end of the breakfast period from 6:00-9:00 a.m.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Diane A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Allow me to apologize for the maids not cleaning your room properly and the breakfast being gone during your stay, I ensure you that I will address the issues.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights. Hotel was clean, with comfortable beds. Breakfast was typical choice hotels breakfast. Host/hostess was always very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay here when in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the Tree Frog Tavern just down the street.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Diane A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

We are thankful you enjoyed your stay with us. Also happy to hear you will be back to stay.