“Great bed, great stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I recently had to book a last minute room when my daughter had a baby in Montana. I called Holiday Inn Express at 12:45 AM and they quickly booked a room for me. The bed was extremely comfortable, the pillow variety is fantastic and the size and comfort of the room is just what I needed. The breakfast ended a bit too early for me, and I wish they'd had the waffle maker vs the pancake maker, but it was fine. The hotel is right across the hwy from Target/Walmart/TJ Maxx and many other stores and some decent restaurants. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MarinerFan11
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Congratulations! What a happy occasion! We strive to create a "home away from home" atmosphere and we were glad to have you stay with us during a memorable time in your life. We look forward to having you stay at our "home" again soon. Angie Bowman, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I arrived at the airport at midnight and Rachel was willing to shuttle me to the hotel. I was also allowed a late check out of 3pm, which was VERY helpful, since I needed to return to the hotel after my business was completed and did not have anywhere to put my suitcase, etc until my afternoon flight. The Hotel was clean and comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everyone.
Craig Young
Attorney at Law

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank craig y
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Rachel and everyone else on the team takes our motto to heart; IMPRESS GUESTS! Whatever brings you to Kalispell, our goal is to treat you like family. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us and we look forward to impressing you next time you are in town. Angie Bowman, General Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We decided to go to Kalispell at the last minute and did not have any sort of hotel reservations. Arriving at the Holiday Inn on a Friday night at around 7:00 PM we were informed that the hotel did not have any available rooms, the front desk staff gladly called every hotel in and around the area with no luck. You can imagine how disappointed our family was since we were 5 hours away from home!! The staff realizing we had children and were disappointed set us up in the conference room for the night and was able to book us a room for the next night. I could not believe the great service provided, these girls went over and above their job requirement and we were very thankful!! We will definiately stay at the Holiday Inn in Kalispell for our future trips.... and of course we will make reservations before we come!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhonda L
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience! I say all the time that our motto is "impress guests" and a story like yours proves that we don't just say it, we do it! We look forward to impressing your family again soon. Angie Bowman, General Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for 3 nights during a hockey tournament and were pleasantly surprised at the overall quality and service of this hotel. Manager Scott was often found in the lobby area greeting guests and seemed genuinely interested in the comfort of our stay. The hotel has a warm cozy feel and the staff were extremely accommodating. The housekeeping staff were also attentive and super friendly.

The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was well above average for a value hotel, and the location was ideal for those interested in shopping as all the big box stores are all right there. There are numerous restaurants in the area and a Starbucks up the street, though the coffee at the hotel was pretty good. The hotel gym had quality equipment which isn't something you see very often either.

Located on the north end of Kalispell, this hotel is a great option for those who ski at Whitefish, but want more amenities than Whitefish has to offer.

The only disappointment about our trip was the Kalspell businesses that gouged us on the currency exchange (Some offered Canadian money at par but some charged 5X Bank exchange, so go to the bank first). Otherwise we found Kalispell a delightful destination and the locals are extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Close to the stairs as the elevators are slow.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bwf180

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent stay in Kalispell. We loved hosting this event! We look forward to having you stay with us again. Angie Bowman, General Manager

Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have stayed at this property previously and had been pleased so decided to stay again. I missed the managers reception because of my arrival time, but I believe that is a nice option for a light snack. I was greeted warmly and checked in professionally and quickly. I asked about my request for a quiet room and the clerk indicated that I had been given a quiet room. About the room location - yes I was on the top floor and away from the elevator, but on the road side of the hotel. This hotel is away from the main road, but when one requests a quiet room, I would think they would be assigned a room with no roadway adjacent.

The room itself was clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the roadway. Not an option for December, but this could be nice in the better weather. I liked that the room had an option to have a fan on all night for white noise, but with the fan on all the time, there was no option to have the heat on at the same time.

I wish that people would have the decency to not run screaming down the hallways (or allow their kids to do so) late at night nor slam their doors, but I have found this human nature to be in place whenever I travel, so I cannot fault the hotel for this.

Breakfast contained a nice assortment of hot and cold choices - there was a pancake machine as well as eggs, sausage and potatoes. The coffee always tends to be weak, so I treated myself to a Starbucks on my way out.

There was only a dog behind the desk when I went to check out, but when I asked him/her to take my key, a human quickly appeared to help. I am not comfortable leaving my keys on a hotel desk and prefer to have someone take them from me.

Overall, I will be in Kalispell again and this will be my go to hotel. I had such a horrid experience at the better rated Hampton that I will continue to give this Holiday Inn Express my business from now on.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanie W
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We look at every review and guest survey to see what areas we can improve in. Our coffee is one area we are working on. We also have our coworkers do "security" checks to look for noise violators. :) We hope your travels bring you back to the valley soon. We look forward to impressing you. Angie Bowman, General Manager

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed! From the welcoming front desk staff, to the helpful breakfast staff and the friendly housekeeping staff, all go out of their way to make your stay great! The breakfast has a lot of choices, so even the pickiest eater will find something to eat. The rooms are very clean and the beds and pillows very comfy! The front desk staff go out of their way for your requests. I booked this time through Hotels.com and they messed up the description and I thought I was getting the jacuzzi suite. Turns out that is NOT the room they booked for me! This hotel staff contacted Hotel.com and they wouldn't compensate us. The Holiday Inn staff (Rachel) gave us a complimentary stay for the next time we are in town, even though it was not their fault but she could see our disappointment and wanted to help us out!

• Stayed: December 2011
abowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team focus is to be sure every guest feels at home! Hope to see you again in the future.
Angie Bowman, General Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed here for one night, was great. Stayed in a jacuzzi suite... fantastic room! Honestly, the nicest jacuzzi suite we have stayed in to this day. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. Great location, great rooms, great staff! Will stay again with out a doubt!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple