“Value for money”

Econo Lodge Missoula
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Stayed here during the busy summer season when the town was practically sold out. I booked at the last minute and had only two choices of [budget] hotels. I have to say I was apprehensive, not knowing what to expect in terms of cleanliness etc for the price I was paying relative to other hotels. I was so pleasantly surprised and pleased. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms very clean and comfortable, which was all I needed. Although the hotel was completely sold out, it was very quiet. I've had noisier comings and goings from other guests at other hotels. I did here some bike noise departing in the morning, but was brief and not too early. The breakfast is 'continental', which means bagels and cereal for the most part. They do allow pets which concerned me regarding noise and residual odors, but I never heard any dogs barking and although the elevator was 'stuffy' and stained, my room was perfectly clean and without issue. Internet/wifi was basically nonexistent. I would definitely recommend to others if you are looking for clean, affordable, no frills. For the price no complaints here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Missoula

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stopped here on our first day of our week long motorcycle trip and the hotel was priced better then anywhere we stayed during out trip.
The staff was very accommodating and helpful.
I would stay there again anytime!

Room Tip: Make your reservations in advance as they are very busy in the summer.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Convenient location off the interstate, clean and comfortable room. The continental breakfast was sparse but enough for us. The wifi reception was good in our room. Reasonable $10 pet fee. We will stay here again when travelling on I90.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Find another hotel if you need a wifi connection! I stayed here in August, and found that their internet service is poor. No connectivity when I checked in. Front desk clerk said he would look in to it. An hour later, still no connection..The desk clerk was too busy, as he was the only staff on site. He apologized, and said he would try to get to it. There never was a conneciton that night, in attempting several times to connect.

I complained at the desk the next morning, only to be told by the rude (overnight) clerk that I must be stupid, and not able to understand how my laptop works. I've owned this laptop for four years, and it opens up to hotel connections everywhere I go (I stay in hotels about 200 nights a year). My diagnostic program told me that the problem was related to the routers. Explaining this to the morning clerk only got me more rudeness, and he comcluded that I was just not able to understand "how these things work".

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Although I had booked 4 nights I got a better deal further south in Lolo so I only stayed one night. Don't have high expectations as it is a budget hotel. It is popular with bikers that make noise early in the morning as they depart. It is handy to I 90.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Great location off interstate and just a couple minutes from Big Sky Brewing concert venue. Good price, easy check in and clean room. Was odd to haw hottub in a room off reception but we never used it. Econo Lodges could upgrade their breakfast. I know they will day due to price point they do continental breakfast vs hot. But now a days rooms are $100 at Econo Lodge and at the Quality Inn, same chain and one does offer hot breakfast and the other does not. It's more location determines price vs. Category...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Customer Service-wise, you can't really have a better experience than what we had. Our son had a medical emergency requiring an ER visit and subsequent hospital stay. We had planned on a 1-night stop, just passing through. In the wee hours of the morning, the desk clerk managed to help my wife get a cab to the hospital, extend our room stay a second night, and, then add a 3rd night's stay to our reservation, with both additional nights at their "hospital rate." The health crisis wasn't as extensive as initially expected, so we wound up hitting the road without needing the 3rd night, so we were released without obligation of the third night's charges that morning. In addition, the cleaning staff seemed very happy, greeting us in the hallways with smiles and "good mornings," and the guy maintaining the breakfast bar was all over it, and again, keeping up with things with a friendly smile/attitude. We all got the sense this was a great place to work. I can't give it an "Excellent" rating because it's an "economy" hotel. The room was clean but spartan. The towels were clean but not exactly plush. And while we slept well, we were up early and the noise levels from the hallway and people walking the floor above us were probably enough to wake a light sleeper (nothing earplugs or white-noise couldn't fix).

Room Tip: Top floor might be quietest.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family