“Waterside and breakfast were great but room dirty and noisy.”

Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We have stayed here before and loved it but this time our room was dirty. At midnight the room above us thought it would be fun to play football in their room. Three calls later and it finally stopped. We left a comment card and complained at the front desk. A week later the manager called and apologized for the mess and the noise and refunded half our money. We appreciated that.

• Stayed: December 2011
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

I am so sorry about your stay! I know how miserable it can be when other hotel guests are not considerate of noise, and I am glad we were finally able to resolve the issue. However, of even more importance to me was the condition of your room. The cleanliness of each guestroom is absolutely within our control, and I am embarassed that we did not meet our quality standards. As a return guest, I know that you are aware that this is an unusual situation for us, and I am grateful that you made us aware of it so that I could address it. Feedback, both good and bad, helps us improve our training and consistency, and it is so valuable. Thanks again for the opportunity to make it right. We look forward to having you back and treating you to the experience you deserve!
Best regards,
Kim

Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed for 1 night prior to catching a flight at the airport. We were unable to use the option to leave our vehicle there while we were away but it was good to know we could and that we could use a shuttle to get to the airport. Our son is 21 months and he loved the kids pool, I loved that the water was held at a comfortable temperature. Our room was clean and comfortable. There was even enough room for our son to play without us tripping over him. The only downfall was that there wasn't any restaurant or grocery store walkable distance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! It's so fun to see the little ones hit the kiddie pool and I am glad your toddler had a blast. I understand that it would be nice to have groceries or restaurants just a quick walk away, and we are eagerly awaiting a restaurant opening. However, until then, we are happy to use our complimentary 24 hour shuttle to take you shopping, to dinner, nightlife, etc. and pick you up when you are done! We'll look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We live in the country and only come to "town" occasionally, but when we do we like to do something special with the kids. WinGate is one of the special treats for our kids and us. Very reasonable prices, friendly and helpful staff and the kids love the pool and water park. So it is a win win for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
kimMissoula, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

I love it...making the trip to the big city of Missoula! Family time is pretty precious, so I am glad we can make it enjoyable and affordable for you. We will look forward to having your family back!

Reviewed 4 January 2012

In the wee hours on day of departure when we're normally stressed about getting to airport, (making flight, grabbing something to eat, managing bags, checking out, all that...), Wingate in Missoula was excellent. Front desk clerk and shuttle driver were right on top of our departure and that of several others. When some travelers wanted to linger at the breakfast buffet the front desk man was alert to the problem and got everyone else on the way. Driver was quick, alert and on the road as fast as you can imagine. Lingerers were able to enjoy a bite and shuttle when they wanted to. Hotel breakfast was much more generous than most, and rooms were quite good. Excellent experience -- we'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Airports at Christmas time...they always make me think of the Chevy Chase movies! :) I am glad we were able to take a little bit of the stress of for you with our shuttle service. I hope your arrival at your destination went as smoothly as your departure from the hotel. We will look forward to having you back, and the driver will be ready to pick you up!

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I work in the hospitality and customer service industry, and the Wingate Missoula knows how to take care of their guests right up there with the best of them. The facilities were great, but we were most impressed with the staff, from the front desk manager to the housekeeping staff to the dining hall attendants. Every (EVERY) one of them took time out of whatever we were doing to greet us, make sure our needs were taken care of, make us feel welcome and appreciated.

The place was packed for the holiday weekend, too, yet I watched the staff still finding time to be welcoming, friendly and helpful to other guests.

The facilities are new and great; the breakfast is definitely several steps above most; kids were lovin' the pool; the mattress was excellent. But honest, the staff needs to write the book on how to do it. Each one of them could add their own chapter. Well done!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

This is so great to hear, and I can't wait to share it with our staff! It is always expected that the person who checks you in is friendly and helpful, but we take pride about the fact that our entire staff is the same way. Thank you for recognizing that (and them)! We are glad you have chosen to stay with us, and we will look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 4 January 2012

The staff at the Wingate are very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There was a decent free breakfast and complimentary shuttle to the airport. We will stay at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for the kind words Marie! I am particularly glad that you found our service to be a bright point. I know there are lots of hotel with lots of amenities, and we feel like our staff reallys helps set us apar t from the rest! We appreciate your business and will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Breakfast was horrible. Advertised New years celebration and there was nothing when we came down at 8 pm. We had to ask them to change the channel to a new years show at 10 minutes till midnight . they did bring out a few cups of apple juice to toast. We went here expecting more and were very disappointed. Only come from Deer Lodge but wanted good experience for my son for new years where we could be safe, I was extremely disappointed! And will never stay there again! There was one pool attendant that was there both days we were he's a larger kid with glasses and he was VERY unprofessional. He had friends come over and he disappeared with them and then he was seen playing grabby with them and snapping towels at them VERY Disgusting and inappropriate. This was done in front of my 10 year old son! There were some bullies that I complained about one whom held my son under water while he was trying to swim by himself and not bother anyone. It was crazy!

The Breakfast was gross. They advertised late check out on new years so people could sleep in. Well they didn't do that apparently you had to ask for it.

Computer system "went down" so we couldn't receipt. Said it would be emailed and still don't have it. Was horrible experience! Will not be back.

I've stayed at other Wingates and loved them this one was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family