“Disappointing - and nothing special.”
Review of Plonk

Plonk
Ranked #11 of 293 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Missoula, Montana
“Disappointing - and nothing special.”
Reviewed 22 October 2016

We went there for a bite on a Friday evening after drinks elsewhere. The place is so loud, one cannot converse - and it's difficult to even hear your server. The menu looks interesting, but when the food arrived (it was beautifully plated and presented, I might add), the flavors were almost bland. I was reminded of a study done which showed people had more issues with tasting food when the noise level was high (the study suggested this was part of the problem with airplane food!) - and I did wonder if that was part of the problem. Flavors that should have been there, just weren't. That being said, the atmosphere is so overly trendy and hip as to be painful. It's almost as if they are super aware of the image they are trying to build - and it feels artificial. I'm a local, probably not going back.

• Visited October 2016
2 Thank 007Katie007
Brett E, Owner at Plonk, responded to this review, 25 October 2016
Our atmosphere is organically created, as we continually modify our environment to compliment the mood and desired energy of our patrons. Our attempt to create that ambiance is most sincere. You visited on a Friday evening, which is indeed one of our busiest nights of the week. Since you are a local, perhaps you'd like to visit on another day when the mood and atmosphere is more relaxed. We invite you to share sentiments regarding the delivery of your meal with ben@plonkwine.com. Thanks for visiting and well wishes.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Upscale yet casual with wonderful food”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My worries about being underdressed were quickly allayed by the guest at the bar who obviously came directly from his work outside wearing grubby jeans with multiple holes. I should have known better. This is Montana, after all. I'm good with casual. I'm really good with casual and top notch food. The beer list featured a good selection of regional beers. I chose the Alaskan black cod for my entree and delighted in the presentation with mussels, pickled grapes, roasted corn and more. Great combination of flavors.

Visited October 2016
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Top notch food”
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Old warehouse feel and trendy, food is over the top and pricey but gourmet style and paired well with the wine offering .
My second time and will return

Visited September 2016
New Jersey
“Don't Miss It!”
Reviewed 27 September 2016

My husband and I were on a cross country trip and we stopped overnight in Missoula while making our way on our journey. We were looking for someplace local to enjoy a good meal and found Plonk on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Initially we weren't sure if we wanted to deal with downtown but we were so glad we went! First of all it was very easy to get off/on of I90 and parking was no problem. We were also concerned about it being a Friday night and some comments suggested that you can't get a table so we went a bit early (6pm) and had no problem getting seated. They had a very large wine collection and my husband had a martini that he said was one of the best he's ever had. Menu was full of local fresh seasonable products. My husband had a salad and I had the burrata dish with prosciutto and sweet peas. We both chose the special of the day which was a sockeye salmon over a risotto of purple barley with fennel and lobster mushrooms. OMG! First of all the presentation was beautiful and the flavors were wonderful. Salmon was cooked perfectly and the risotto was very different from what we usually expect or get and it was full of flavor and complimented the fish tremendously. For dessert we shared a sheep's milk cheesecake and fruit couli. Honestly if I had known what this tasted like in advance I would have made my husband get his own because this was beyond excellent! This was a high end TOP CHEF type of meal. If you are looking for standard burger fare this is not the place for you but if you are looking for creative fine dining in a casual unpretentious atmosphere don't miss this place!

• Visited August 2016
Boise, Idaho
“Nice stop in Missoula ”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

My spouse and I had dinner which included the pork belly, the tenderloin, and the house made macaroni. The pork belly was seasoned and cooked to perfection. The tenderloin came with fingerling potatoes and greens. The macaroni was totally unexpected, it container squash, cheese, greens, and noodles which was wonderful. They have a very nice drink selection which includes the Pineapple Express which includes jalapeño tequila. To finish off we shared a piece of the cheesecake made with sheep milk ricotta cheese, super light and fluffy on a cornmeal based crust.

Visited September 2016

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!