“Pretentious Pretentious Pretentious”

Missoula, Montana
“Pretentious Pretentious Pretentious”
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Pretentious Pretentious Pretentious.
There is a nice little roof top patio, and Plonk is well appointed but OY, that's about the only positive things I can say. Trying to eat at Plonk is an adventure, however it's not the type I would recommend. Kale Dip, Pork Belly, Duck Liver, you can try a SMALL plate of all of them for the low low price of your first born child.

The drink menu is inventive (and way more palatable then the food) but again STEEP, maybe your second child for a cocktail. We are in Missoula MT, not Seattle, LA or New York.
Let's all come back to reality, because I would really like to enjoy that rooftop patio without feeling like I need to break out the silk, satin and my tiara.

• Visited January 2016
1 Thank lindsey c
Brett E, Owner at Plonk, responded to this review, 9 December 2016
Hi Lindsey. Sorry to hear you feel that way. Plonk is authentic both in original conception and approach. We strive to create a holistic, pleasure-driven dining experience. Our dynamic array of patrons reside in our vibrant community of Missoula, and visit from all over the world. All are wholeheartedly welcome. Enjoy your day.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lively place for a good meal”
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I was the guest of the city's CVB, for a private dinner in the wine cellar. The food, drinks, and service were exceptional. Loved the presentation of the coffee we had with dessert too. Thoroughly enjoyed our time here. If the weather is nice, be sure to check out the rooftop.

Visited September 2016
“Best in downtown Missoula”
Reviewed 26 October 2016

This restaurant is my most favourite one in Missoula. I used to go there two years ago when I was in Missoula as an international student. The atmosphere is warm but classy in cold whether of Missoula. Cocktails are beautiful and tasty, I liked to have girls talk with my friends over cocktails and cheese. When I come back to Missoula, which is not so distant future, I will definitely visit here again.

• Visited November 2015
Missoula, Montana
“Disappointing - and nothing special.”
Reviewed 22 October 2016

We went there for a bite on a Friday evening after drinks elsewhere. The place is so loud, one cannot converse - and it's difficult to even hear your server. The menu looks interesting, but when the food arrived (it was beautifully plated and presented, I might add), the flavors were almost bland. I was reminded of a study done which showed people had more issues with tasting food when the noise level was high (the study suggested this was part of the problem with airplane food!) - and I did wonder if that was part of the problem. Flavors that should have been there, just weren't. That being said, the atmosphere is so overly trendy and hip as to be painful. It's almost as if they are super aware of the image they are trying to build - and it feels artificial. I'm a local, probably not going back.

• Visited October 2016
2 Thank 007Katie007
Brett E, Owner at Plonk, responded to this review, 25 October 2016
Our atmosphere is organically created, as we continually modify our environment to compliment the mood and desired energy of our patrons. Our attempt to create that ambiance is most sincere. You visited on a Friday evening, which is indeed one of our busiest nights of the week. Since you are a local, perhaps you'd like to visit on another day when the mood and atmosphere is more relaxed. We invite you to share sentiments regarding the delivery of your meal with ben@plonkwine.com. Thanks for visiting and well wishes.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Upscale yet casual with wonderful food”
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My worries about being underdressed were quickly allayed by the guest at the bar who obviously came directly from his work outside wearing grubby jeans with multiple holes. I should have known better. This is Montana, after all. I'm good with casual. I'm really good with casual and top notch food. The beer list featured a good selection of regional beers. I chose the Alaskan black cod for my entree and delighted in the presentation with mussels, pickled grapes, roasted corn and more. Great combination of flavors.

Visited October 2016

Been to Plonk? Share your experiences!