“Decent Food - Good Wine Selection”
Review of Plonk

Plonk
Ranked #12 of 300 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2017

OK, I admit - I am a wine snob and I can overlook a lot for a place that has decent wines. Plonk is such a place - the food is very good, not exceptional. Service is mediocre - inattentive servers who know little about wine. They have a good selection of wines (by the bottle and by the glass), and their Master's List is small but exquisite. Hard to not like a place that has a selection of Hobb's Cabernets on the menu. Pricey, but if you are out on a date with a special someone, why not splurge a little and enjoy! The duck and risotto were good - not great, but one of the better meals you'll find in Missoula. I wish there was an average plus rating allowed. If the service had been better, I would have rated this Very Good. Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My wife and I arrived in Missoula and were initially put off by the downtown compared to our experience in Bozeman. More chaotic, rough around the edges, but also at time of year when gray skies and no foliage makes everywhere a bit grim. Thus we started getting skeptical that we would find a good place to grab a drink and a bite to eat. Then we saw Plonk, and since we had liked the one in Bozeman we gave this one a try. Was also very good, same vibe, no jazz while we were there. Only glitch was having to pay for parking on the street; I paid, entered my License plate, and then got a ticket when meter person (apparently) could not figure out the out of state license plate; there is parking behind that I think you can use for free. Very trendy hipster kind of place; looks like fun once the weather warms up.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We loved PLONK! It is a trendy wine bar and bistro. Great atmosphere, comfortable and relaxing. Fabulous food. Friendly staff and did I say the food is great. Not really a family restaurant, leave the kiddos at home.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

The food and atmosphere are great at Plonk in Missoula. Here you find food where the flavors really pop. From the appetizers to dessert, the food is a taste explosion. If you are looking for something extraordinary, go to Plonk.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Great funky atmosphere. Staff were great. Food was fantastic. (Ploughman's board appy, seared scallops entree.). Great wine choices & fair prices. (Got a great wine from WA).
Will definitely be back on my next trip through the area.