“never was good”

The Empanada Joint
Ranked #106 of 311 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed September 19, 2017

They were never good. Just too greasy. They are closed now though. They did have vegetarian options.

Date of visit: October 2016
Solange B, Owner at The Empanada Joint, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Our empanadas are baked and not fried, with great efforts to reduce the amount of grease. It's too bad your experience was underpar. With the excellent ratings we have been receiving, the probability is there that someone may not enjoy their experience. Not sure what you mean by they are closed now though. Anyway, please don't give up on any chance to try empanadas elsewhere. They are well worth the culinary experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

Stopped in for lunch while downtown and since I have never had anything with an Argentina flare thought we would try it. The empanada's were very tasty and the spices were a different flavor than I was used to but very good.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

This is my second visit to Missoula and one of my favorite places to eat is the Empanada Joint. I've eaten here multiple times and enjoyed the food each time. On this visit, I tried the chicken and the beet empanadas and both were great. The people who work there have always been friendly and you get your food quickly and it is always hot.

Date of visit: August 2016
Solange B, Owner at The Empanada Joint, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Cocreek,
Thanks so much for the awesome review! Please let me know the next time you are here so I can reward you for being such a loyal and appreciate customer! Some flan or some of my homemade chocolate with smoked almonds? As owner and chef, I spend long days there. Thanks again for supporting our local business and glad you are such a big fan. Please feel free to friend us on our FB page!
With much gratitude, Solange

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

We ate here a few afternoons ago while in Missoula for a family reunion. After reading the food devotee thought we would give it a try. At 1:30 on the afternoon we didn't encounter anyone else except a couple outside. We looked over the menu and decided on the chicken a beef a sweet corn and a pork. We went to order and the guy said chicken is not available when asked if we could wait he repeated himself that chicken was not available. So we quickly tried to decide again what we wanted this time looking in the warmer as he said those were all he had.
The beef and gazpacho my mom got she liked. I got a need and sweet corn. The sweet corn was amazing the beef I spit out. There was so much green olive that was all I could taste. My brother enjoyed his pork with the spicy red sauce.
Overall since I do customer service all day I don't know how they stay in business with such rude staff.

Date of visit: July 2016

SLC_Rebecca,
Sorry about your experience at my restaurant. I am extremely grateful that you chose to eat at The Empanada Joint, and apologize if one of my employees was underwhelming.
We pride ourselves here on excellent customer service and delicious local food. Unfortunately, you may have encountered my newest worker who is still in training. We have stayed in business for almost five years because of both our food and customer service. Hoping you will give us another shot. Without criticism, we would not get better so I thank you for taking the time to review us. Sincerely, Solange (Owner/Chef)

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I love this place. The food is seriously delicious and the service is great. It truly tastes of authentic home cooking. The ingredients are flavorful, fresh and delicious. I suggest getting a punchcard!

Date of visit: July 2016

Thanks so much Molly S! So grateful that you are one of our fans! Please be sure to friend us on our FB site and pull me out of the kitchen so that I may treat you to some dessert, the next time you are in. I appreciate you taking the time to review us! You rock!
-Solange (Owner/Chef)