US$220
US$135
US$173
US$169
BestWestern.com
Motel 6 Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$96
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$125
Comfort Inn University(Missoula)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$105
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$106
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 26, 2016 via mobile

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen, and I've worked as a housekeeper at multiple places. Me and my fiance had just finished a week long camping trip in Yellowstone National Park and had left a day early to road trip back to Canada. It was late, we were exhausted and we wanted a bed to sleep on. We stopped at the closest place in Missoula we found. It had curb appeal. The sign outside brought us there. As well as the jacuzzi option. The night staff (it was around 12am) was friendly and quick to get us into a room which we were great full for. We upgraded from a standard room to the jacuzzi, knowing how filthy we were after camping. We entered the room, unloaded our stuff and sat back and enjoyed a couple drinks together at the table. We then decided to have a bath together. The jacuzzi was right in the bedroom and not in a seperation section. It was filthy! I am not eggaerating.. there was public hairs, long straight hairs, dirt and dead bugs in the tub. Fine, I'm a housekeeper I've dealt with it before. I cleaned it out myself, while also noticing the multiple gross hand prints on the mirrors surrounding the tub. "How could a housekeeper miss this?" I thought. I understand it's the US but come on!

Whatever we bathed and went to sleep. Or I tried to sleep all night. My fiance was out like a light. I ended up grabbing my own sleeping bag and pillows to use instead of their itchy, uncomfortable pillows and blankets. I swear the ground was more comfortable then that bed. He had driven our entire trip and was dead. I didn't want to wake him up so I tossed and turned and longed for my nap tomorrow on our continued 6 hour trip home.

The next morning we woke up somewhat early and headed out. We told front desk about our horrible night and the lack of cleanliness in the room. We actslly had just walked into a convo with another guest complaining about the exact same thing as well. We were both told management doesn't really care and won't discount anything but she aplogized and said she would pass it along to her.

I later called the motel directly and spoke to the manager herself. She asked for the full details, and I sent her a very descriptive email as well. She stated they used allergenic soap or something and that we shouldn't have been itchy at all. I have worked front desk before, and she was very rude to me during our conversation. I didn't want to speak to her anymore and requested an email back at least. It's been a good 6 months later and I am still waiting for that email. I've called multiple times since then, of course when she is not there. I paid good money (Canadian dollars) for a room I detested.

Don't waste your money folks. Drive just a little bit further and you will have a better experience and sleep than I did. Waste of time, money, and effort.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KrystalMegan
Reviewed August 21, 2015

I can't blame the hotel. After all, they did let me inspect the room before checking in. But after paying and moving in I could see that this place is in bad shape on many levels, primarily cleanliness.

Good things include free wi-fi, park at the door for 1st floor rooms, a big Albertson's grocery is right next door and your room will have a microwave & fridge. Pets are allowed. The free breakfast is very basic. Patricia at the front desk was exceptionally nice.

Thunderbird motel would be a great stop for guys returning from a hunting trip who need a place to shower and sleep. I hate to give negative reviews because nobody wants to reward me with "helpful" votes. If you are traveling with a fussy person, look for another motel, and you will thank me for that.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NeilfromDayton
Reviewed August 9, 2015

I stayed two nights and walked behind the property and watched some fisherman cast their lines and catch what I believe was trout. Got me excited about the area in this mountain town, especially since I've been in Florida for so long. The motel was clean, I saw other posts and took a chance.I'm glad i did stay, It was a good choice for me. Rooms were decent.
I will be back.

Room Tip: They all face the same way towards the city, This motel is in the city.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank DukeP876
Reviewed August 7, 2015

When checking in, we asked if there was A/C and wifi. We were told there was. We had no cell phone service so the wifi is what was keeping us connected to family in the area. The AC sorta worked (not really) and the wifi sorta worked (not really) There were clothes left behind the sofa from a previous guest, the floors were uneven and the whole place smelled faintly of mold. We were in the room overlooking the pool. We checked out the next day to go to another hotel that actually had working ac, wifi and free hot breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed October 1, 2014

Very spacious room and what a great swimming pool. Book with this hotel directly. Do not go to any hotels.com websites. Hotel staff are very unaware of important events happening in Missoula so if there is a popular event, you better book early and directly with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo