“Love This Place”
Review of Thunderbird Motel

Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Hi this is Errick. The suites at the Thunderbird are nice and big cozy rooms. And the safe is amazing. If u need to relax this is you place. I have visited here a few times and always have a good experience.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Errick G
Management response:Responded 22 March 2017

Hello Errick,

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate our customer feedback.

There are newer reviews for Thunderbird Motel

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

So the owner is amazing just an absolute sweetheart everybody else who works here are absolutely amazing except for the housekeeper Nancy. She told me while I was staying here have paid for a room that if some friends of ours who were visiting that they had to leave or we would be kicked out. And this was at nine o'clock in the morning. So other than that, my visit was amazing.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilery M
Management response:Responded 22 March 2017

I apologize for Nancy's actions. I am glad to hear your stay was AMAZING! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My friends and I were coming to town for a concert at the Wilma. Most of us travel for our jobs and really get tired of the Corporate Hotels and feeling like a number when there are 200 guest rooms. Upon arrival I was a little apprehensive, I am just not used to staying in older Hotels, let alone a Motel. The Front Desk check in was easy. Michelle was a pleasant young woman (possibly an owner) who checked us in without problem. Here is where experience depends upon your expectations. There are really two different buildings. The original building was built in 1936. The owners 2nd floor residence was removed and 6 newer, oversized and updated rooms were added. Two of these rooms have nearly new, white Jacuzzi brand hot tubs that seat 3 to 4 people. WOW! There is not comparison. When I want the "Old West" Feeling and a more affordable room I know what building to stay in. If I am celebrating an Anniversary, Bday or friends night out, the Thunderbird has is. Step back in time, clean, nearest hotel to U of M, bars, restaurants and Albertsons. Owner Thelma Baker will see us again!

Room Tip: I like having options! "The newer rooms have city views or mountain views."
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I love this place, we stay there often. I love how you are left alone. The parking isn't the best but that really doesn't matter. I love the hot tub rooms. The privacy here is priceless. They make you feel special. However don't expect them to answer their phone they are bad that way.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We had a room with a nice mountain view for under $100.
Hotels here seem very expensive. This one was clean, friendly, and maintained pretty well. A couple of cosmetic scratch and dents, but clean and nice.
It appears to be a family run operation. The woman running the desk made reference to her son doing a good job maintaining the pool, and indeed he does. Pool area had a nice hot tub, and a patio with a river view.
I would defiantly stay again. Great budget option.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank bobina5
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I thought the price was a little high for what you get. Our room had a slight musty smell at first. Very large rooms, and the staff is very talkative. A little noisy at night but not bad. Staff is friendly. For 1 night this is ok.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Outside was rikity, I knew going in this was a cheap motel, but had hopes when I call to verify my reservation. The person said " yes we have you upstairs in the "new/renovated" section." we get there and we are in rm 201, right next to the offices. if this was new??? room looked like it was from the 70's, the reclining chair was falling apart, bed was sleepable, but that is it.

To top thinks off, I left my $50 gel "cool" pillow there. Yes my fault, no doubt there.
but when we checked out they said they would call if we left anything in the room, I waited...no call. I called them and they told me nothing was turned in. So basically the maid has a nice new gel cool pillow. Again my fault...but not the best way to run things.

Yes it was cheap, but I had just stayed in a really nice hotel in Glendive, MT the night before, and that was less expensive. Wont stay here again the next time we drive through Montana.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family