“Where the locals go”

Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Missoula
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Le Petit Outre's breads follow the time honored baking traditions of Europe. The breads are handcrafted using traditional methods and four basic ingredients: wheat flour, water, sea salt and yeast. LPO hearth breads are baked free form, directly on stone in a Fringand french deck oven weighing just over six tons. We offer our full line of hearth breads, european pastries, the finest espresso, artisan cheeses, meats and extra virgin olive oils from around the world in our 4th St retail shop.
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

I live in Missoula. We LOVE coffee and micro brews in our wonderful garden city. Within a mile radius from my home, I probably could get a latte from 6 different coffee carts. My favorite is Le Petit. It occupies a corner of a warehouse type building; shares space with Kettle House Brewery and a Subaru repair shop. The lattes are the best!! The pastries really do remind me of a boulangerie in France. Chocolate and almond croissants are similar to the corner bakery I visited every day in Aix-en-Provence when I was an exchange student there. It's a very friendly atmosphere. Lots of Ike's and chatter. So many people know so many others. It's less of a place tribe on a computer or tablet and more of a place to visit with others. Really lovely place to grab a cup of coffee and baked good. Everything is packaged to go but there is some seating inside and out if you wish to stay and visit others.

1  Thank Marnie D

Reviewed August 30, 2015

This fun bakery has been a favorite in Missoula for quite some time and their fresh and yummy bread can also be found in Missoula grocery stores.

1  Thank elaine s
Reviewed August 27, 2015

We stopped by this bakery and were happily surprised at the large open interior. It was really a cool looking space with nice local art. The baked goods items we purchased were super yummy. We thought this place rocked over Bernice's Bakery on the next street.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

Went in to meet a friend, always been a fan of the products they have, even use some of the breads at my restaurant. Waited in line while one staff member struggled to function(I was the 3rd and last person in line) and the other was not going to be interrupted from a conversation with her friend. After waiting with no acknowledgment, finally got some slow service for a cup of coffee. Started filling up from an empty carafe. Brought the empty carafe to the conversating employee and told her I would be happy to replace it with the full one behind the counter and was told "I see the empty coffee container and don't need your help behind the counter, I'll bring it out when I can". More conversation with her friend ensued while I again waited. Coffee was okay when it finally came out. Great building and fun ambiance. Low score is totally reflective of service. Will not be back

1  Thank hkymt
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

The staff are never overly friendly but Le Petit is the best in town for good strong flavorful coffee and Parisan inspired baked goods.

2  Thank Mz_LocknLoad