“Good Montana Roadside Fare”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lazy Doe Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Monarch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have stopped by the Lazy Doe many times over the years. We used to ride our motorcycles over Kings Hill and this was our stop. Nice ride by the way!

Now I seem to only go once a year during Stu's Cruz, a street rod event in late Sept. But the Lazy Doe is always good and in a great spot.

Good place to have a beer, have a burger, have a steak.

1  Thank vintagetrailer

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having a cabin nearby, this has been my go-to place to eat when "roughing it, as it were" since I was around 5 years old. The burgers and steaks are always delicious. Darvin, the owner, just turned 80 this June and is still going strong. Unfortunately I missed his big birthday bash but heard it was great. Definitely a hole-in-the-wall but known by the locals as the best place in the area as evidenced by his longevity in the area.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Years ago, after a day of skiing, friends and I stopped at the Doe for dinner. In my memory, the steak that evening was my lifetime best. i think it was a locally grown cut and cooked to perfection medium rare.

1  Thank renlady1
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Best place ever for food scenery history and the steaks are so good!!!, burgers are a piece of beef heaven!!!!great for family

1  Thank Carlene T
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Everything always taste home cooked, chef's are awesome. Have even fed me just after closing the the kitchen. Alwasy feel welcome, always leave full, great amount of food for your dollar and drink prices still seem from the 1980s! Don't miss it!!

Been to Lazy Doe Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!