“The Passing of owner Darvin Johnson”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lazy Doe Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Monarch
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Sadly, on January 17th 2014, owner Darvin Johnson passed away. Having cut my gastronomic teeth at the Lazy Doe for many years when I was a child, I will very much miss Darvin and his influence on his own establishment. I hope the restaurant and bar will continue to operate in his honor. I hope Cheri continues as the wonderful waitress she is. I hope the other Cheryl (?sp) learns to be more accommodating and less hostile to the customers in general. Lazy Doe has always been "the place to go to" in the Monarch area.

Rest well Darvin, 'til we meet again.

Respectfully,

Jim Cherewatenko
Sun Mountain Drive
Monarch MT

3  Thank James C

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stopped by the Lazy Doe many times over the years. We used to ride our motorcycles over Kings Hill and this was our stop. Nice ride by the way!

Now I seem to only go once a year during Stu's Cruz, a street rod event in late Sept. But the Lazy Doe is always good and in a great spot.

Good place to have a beer, have a burger, have a steak.

1  Thank vintagetrailer
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Having a cabin nearby, this has been my go-to place to eat when "roughing it, as it were" since I was around 5 years old. The burgers and steaks are always delicious. Darvin, the owner, just turned 80 this June and is still going strong. Unfortunately I missed his big birthday bash but heard it was great. Definitely a hole-in-the-wall but known by the locals as the best place in the area as evidenced by his longevity in the area.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Years ago, after a day of skiing, friends and I stopped at the Doe for dinner. In my memory, the steak that evening was my lifetime best. i think it was a locally grown cut and cooked to perfection medium rare.

1  Thank renlady1
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Best place ever for food scenery history and the steaks are so good!!!, burgers are a piece of beef heaven!!!!great for family

1  Thank Carlene T

Been to Lazy Doe Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!