“DATE NIGHT”

Finley Point Grill
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Polson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Finley Point Grill offers steaks, seafood, chops and catering. There is a full bar and the dining room is open for lunch with a special, and for dinner seven days a week
Reviewed October 3, 2017

We had a coupon for buy one get one. The meal was excellent . We went there to celebrate our Anniversary and for us it was well worth the drive. It was about a 45 min drive for us. We are making plans to go back. Recommend making Reservation we did and I am glad we did.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

This place can get busy in the summer, so reservations are a good idea. However during the shoulder seasons you can often just stop in and enjoy a great meal. Prime rib cooked perfectly is my personal favorite.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We ate at the Finley Point Grill last September, while in Polson for our annual Montana month, and we thought it was very good. We decided to go back this September. We thought it was even better.

We (4 of us) had reservations for 5:30 on a Saturday night. It was a good thing we did because they were busy. We were seated immediately at a 4-top, one bench and two chairs. Our waitress, Lisa, was very quick with water, menus, and taking drink orders. I ordered a Martini, Dan ordered a beer, and the girls ordered a bottle of wine. The wine list was surprisingly varied and good. As an alternative to the wines on the list, Lisa gave us a choice of four wines on special that night. We chose a 2015 Willamette Valley Dundee Pinot Noir. It turned out to be excellent, as was my Martini (up, well shaken, icy cold, 3 olives, yumm).

The menu lists a variety of dishes, all of them sounded like they would be delicious. But our order was a no-brainer—we came for the prime rib (available Friday and Saturday only). Both couples split an 8-ounce prime rib. We had ours medium rare with a Caesar salad and a baked potato with butter and sour cream. The other couple ordered their prime rib medium (I cringed, but oh well) with a chopped salad and two baked potatoes.

The salad with Romaine lettuce, croutons, a creamy Caesar dressing and shaved Parmesan, was exceptional. I could go there to make a meal of just that. Our prime rib was cooked perfectly, was very tender and flavorful, and the au jus and horseradish sauce were perfect with it. They provided a second warm plate for us to split the order.

Desert was a chocolate concoction that we shared. Amazing.

What a wonderful evening out—the food, the ambience and the service were all great. Lisa made the evening exceptional. She was terrific. The noise level must have been very low because I never noticed it.

FYI, they do have two 6-top tables with two benches each, but you have to request those when you make reservations.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Amazing must try, larger portions so bring your appetite! The 14oz steak is amazing with out the blue cheese butter.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

The parking lot was filled with cars so we weren't sure we could be seated without a reservations. We were pleasantly surprised that there was a table available for us. I ordered prime rib (Friday night) while my husband had spaghetti and meatballs. The prime rib was delicious, tender and cooked perfectly. I am a celiac and there were several items to choose from that were gluten free. Service was fast, the restaurant was clean and it was interesting to be able to watch the chefs at work.

Been to Finley Point Grill? Share your experiences!