“Fantastic Place to Stay in Red Lodge”
Review of Yodeler Motel

and 1 more site!
Yodeler Motel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Red Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Buffalo, Wyoming, United States
“Fantastic Place to Stay in Red Lodge”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Yodeler on March 4-6, 2012, for the ski and stay package. Not only was I greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable staff, but owners Tulsa and Mac Dean ordered up 12 inches of fresh powder during my stay. The charming and quaint Bavarian themed hotel was a nice respite from the slopes and the bustling nightlife in downtown Red Lodge. I stayed in two different rooms during my ski-cation. I recommend a room with the Jacuzzi tub if have been traveling and definitely the steam shower if you ski or have been on a motorcycle. For an economical stay in a historic location, I recommend the Yodeler.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bill N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Great location near the base of the Red Lodge Mountain Ski Resort. Beautiful scenery surrounds the town. The motel is quaint and charming. The owners were very friendly. They have many different room types available. We chose a room with a king sized bed and a jacuzzi tub. The room was large and comfortable. The jacuzzi was great! They also have rooms available with steam showers. There is an outdoor hot tub. They have a room for ski waxing, and in the summer have supplies for washing your motorcycle if you're a biker. Great fireplace in the lobby, and we loved seeing their cat and dog! The rooms have a porch out the front door, and a walkway out the back door. You can watch the sunrise from the front and the sunset from the back. Nice place-we would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angelsmarie
Bozeman
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We drove through a blizzard to get to Red Lodge. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly faces and the best, a huge hot fire going right in the lobby. Felt like we'd just gotten home. Our room (2 adult, 1 child) was very spacious and comfortable, with a great kitchenette and lots of space to hang wet ski clothes. The Yodeler has a nice hot tub that we used each day of our visit, it was always hot and clean. The remodeled room with flat screen was a great and eclectic combination with the vintage skiing and climbing equipment decor of the Lobby and gingerbread styling of the100 year old building. We were there for the skiing and the staff was very knowledgeable about the local resort and recommendations for our skiing level. Its pet friendly and the host animals are very well mannered and friendly. We had a great time and would highly recommend this motel for anyone going through Red Lodge.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ElwoodBozeman
Glasgow, MT
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I (along with a group of friends) stayed at the Yodeler in February 2011. Overall, it was a great experience. We rented one double queen and three single king rooms. The steam showers were amazing! The 'modern rustic' decor was adorable, too. When I was making my reservation, the manager let me know that basement (or first floor) rooms were less expensive than 2nd floor rooms, which worked for us! We came to ski/snowboard, so we didn't plan on hanging out in our rooms anyways.

I only have two negative things to say:

1) We asked for three single king rooms and got two single kings and one single queen. It didn't really matter to us, since we didn't stay longer than a weekend. We didn't even bring it up with the management for that reason!

2) When we arrived, the manager let us know in a politelty strict way that they weren't going to stand for a group of loud 20-somethings in their hot tub, which is totally understandable! But we did bring 10 people to the tiny motel for 3 nights.

On the flipside, the postiive aspects were:

1) When I made my reservation, they offered me the cell phone number of the owner in case we arrived too late and the office was closed. I'm from Montana, so some good old Montana hospitality goes a long way in my book.

2) Located close enough to downtown to comfortably walk to eat.

3) OUTDOOR HOT TUB! We loved it!

4) Wax room. Very nice touch for the avid skiers and snowboarders!

Room Tip: 1st floor room = basement level But the first floor rooms are cheaper than the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank WhitMB
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Had the pleasure of staying at the Yodeler Jan. 15-18, 2012. My first ski trip to Red Lodge, MT.

The Yodeler had everything I needed to make my ski vacation great. It is very close to the ski resort and is within walking distance to downtown.

The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. A pleasant surprise was the steam sauna in the shower.

The owners were great folks and made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank garyh1089
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great hotel if you want to bring your pets. Spacious rooms and I loved the steam shower. Very clean and well maintained and great rates.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms are available for travelers with pets, so specify at time of reservation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tamara B
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife & I took our 2 1/2 year old son up for a great weekend of outdoor activities (skiing, snow shoeing & sledding). We picked this motel based on past positive experiences, mainly the friendly and outgoing staff who strive to make you feel welcome and like family. The motel is quaint, clean and has all the amenities we need to relax. The steam shower is a highlight of our visits and a great way to start and end a busy day. For those on a budget, you can do a weekend get-a-way without breaking the bank! The decor is skier friendly and the fireplace at the front desk is a great place to unwind after a day on the slopes. My son cannot wait to go back and see Mac's 2 dogs, he loved them! Thanks for a great stay, one of many, and more to come!

Room Tip: The steam shower is a must!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family