“Cinnamon roll supreme”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Virginia City
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Get in line when summer comes for the cinnamon rolls from this bakery. If you are too late, like I was one day, you will have to select from other goodies, which is fine, esp. Her pecan dessert. While you can't go wrong here, try to get there in time for the cinnamon roll. The price is a bit high, so come prepared to spend the extra for these treats.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

1. Pastries from the bakery were a good morning snack. The almond pastry and cheese danish were fresh and delicious. (That's what we heard - the kids who tried them didn't want to share.)
2. Bison burgers and pulled-pork sandwich were great for lunch. Note: the burgers are huge - good to share between two people.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. Egges, bacon, shredded hashbrown potatoes and toast.
Very friendly staff, fast service. I like it.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We wanted to try out the Star Restaurant for breakfast. And we are sure glad we did.
I tried the banana bread french toast with scratch caramel sauce and cut bananas on top. What a wonderful idea and so good! The whole idea sounded like something a pioneer wife would come up with as a special treat for her family.
I enjoyed every bite and even let my husband try it. But that was hard because it was so good I didn't really want to share. But I was good and gave him a few bites.
He had his usual chicken fried steak with eggs, hash browns toast and sausage gravy. Same old, same old. No imagination!
The restrooms are located outside between the restaurant and bakery. You took a wooden sidewalk to get to them. Outhouse style with modern conveniences.
The banana bread was made fresh in the bakery next door.
After breakfast, we went next door to the bakery to see what they had. They had some granola that sounded good. So I got a little of that to try on my yogurt when I got back home.
If you like to try something new and different, you definitely need to check out the Banana Bread French Toast with Caramel Sauce!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stopped in while visiting the Museum next door. I wish I'd waited and had breakfast here. They had a really good looking menu. It was later in the day and grabbed a couple of lemon bars, not long out of the oven. Best I've ever had.