Lava Creek Adventures - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Best way to experience Yellowstone

We had 3 generations from 6 years old to 65, group of 10. Michelle was amazing. She planned our day... read more

Reviewed April 13, 2015
adventureawaits419
Toledo, Ohio
via mobile
Knowledgable,

My wife and I went on a kayaking trip with LavaCreek on Hebgen Lake in July 2013. The goal was to... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2014
Siddharth S
Alpharetta, Georgia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Michelle was a very knowledgeable guide...she had an answer for every question our group ranging from 11 yrs-65 yrs old threw her way. I'm an information maniac, but she kept it interesting enough that it didn't hire the kids. She knew all the little pull offs (lunch off the beaten path along the water), and gave an excellent side tour of the old faithful lodge. I'm glad we did this tour with my in-laws since they couldn't do much hiking. She gave us a list if recommended hikes that we did later in the week with the kids. Thanks for a great experience Michelle!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

David Alder of Lava Creek was a fantastic guide for us this summer - late in reviewing as I just came across his business card! We hired Lava Creek for an evening tour (all day tours were full, so book early). Evening turned out to be great though - less busy, and we saw things that we never would have during the day or without David. We went "off path" and saw what he called "Thumper", which was our all time favorite experience of the trip. You'll have to book David at Lava Creek to find out what that is, but expect full sensory geyser experience!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We planned our summer vacation at Yellowstone Park and chose Lava Creek to discover all the secrets of this beautiful park. It's been a great experience thank to David Alder, our guide. David did very well in guiding us through beautiful spots, describing geothermal activities running at Yellowstone and we had a lot of fun with him. He really rocks and I suggest to ask for him if you want to book a trip with Lava Creek. It's worth the money we paid.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

It is hard to put into words how awe-inspiring our vacation was thanks to our guides!! I brought my two daughters, 5 and 7 to Yellowstone to experience the wonder and beauty of Nature. We spent a few days on our own seeing all the tourist attractions. Then we spent 3 days with Lava Creek guides and that made all the difference in the world. Amy giided us the first day and immediately caught on to the fact that my kids liked climbing and jumping. She brought us to safe and exciting places and climbed with them!! They will never forget that! Dave was our guide for the second 2 days. He was also incredible with my kids. He took us through remote areas where we saw old skeletons, a herd of bison fighting for a female, unfenced hot spots and mud pots, and a black sand beach! He swam, hiked, and climbed with my kids. He kept my kids completely entertained for two full days (not easy) while teaching them more than they will learn all year in school and making us feel completely safe. We all have a new appreciation for Nature thanks to these guides. We will definitely come back!!
Anne

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We are professional photographers (not kayakers -only second time) and this company designed a trip to fit our needs. Debbie was our guide- and very professional as she led us down the river explaining the area as well as how and what to do. We had such a great experience we now have fallen in Love with the sport and can't wait to book our next experience with them!
Thanks! Lava Creek