Lava Creek Adventures - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Best way to experience Yellowstone

We had 3 generations from 6 years old to 65, group of 10. Michelle was amazing. She planned our day... read more

Reviewed April 13, 2015
adventureawaits419
Toledo, Ohio
via mobile
Knowledgable,

My wife and I went on a kayaking trip with LavaCreek on Hebgen Lake in July 2013. The goal was to... read more

Reviewed September 17, 2014
Siddharth S
Alpharetta, Georgia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I did a guided 1/2 day kayak trip with Kourtney. Her knowledge of the area and of kayaking, her wonderful personality, and the excellent equipment, provided us with an awesome trip. We have taken kayaking trips on other vacations, and this one was truly the best.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Anoel60
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We visited Yellowstone with our teen sons. Michelle was our guide and our day was amazing! She started by asking us what we would like to do and planned our trip accordingly. We said we were hoping to see as much wildlife as possible, and Michelle led us to some great spots. Not only did we see SO many animals, Michelle shared fascinating stories and history of the park, its wildlife and plant life. At one point we wanted to hike a bit and she took us to Trout Lake to see trout spawning. Along the way she pointed out plants that either could be eaten or used medicinally, or not to be touched. Her knowledge is incredible. She brought along binoculars and a spotting scope so when we saw wildlife she set up and gave us an even better view. Our top spot: a grizzly eating a carcass, then a wolf joined. It was a full day and worth every penny.

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank Eileen W
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Michelle was a very knowledgeable guide...she had an answer for every question our group ranging from 11 yrs-65 yrs old threw her way. I'm an information maniac, but she kept it interesting enough that it didn't hire the kids. She knew all the little pull offs (lunch off the beaten path along the water), and gave an excellent side tour of the old faithful lodge. I'm glad we did this tour with my in-laws since they couldn't do much hiking. She gave us a list if recommended hikes that we did later in the week with the kids. Thanks for a great experience Michelle!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

David Alder of Lava Creek was a fantastic guide for us this summer - late in reviewing as I just came across his business card! We hired Lava Creek for an evening tour (all day tours were full, so book early). Evening turned out to be great though - less busy, and we saw things that we never would have during the day or without David. We went "off path" and saw what he called "Thumper", which was our all time favorite experience of the trip. You'll have to book David at Lava Creek to find out what that is, but expect full sensory geyser experience!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We planned our summer vacation at Yellowstone Park and chose Lava Creek to discover all the secrets of this beautiful park. It's been a great experience thank to David Alder, our guide. David did very well in guiding us through beautiful spots, describing geothermal activities running at Yellowstone and we had a lot of fun with him. He really rocks and I suggest to ask for him if you want to book a trip with Lava Creek. It's worth the money we paid.

Date of experience: August 2013