See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Well, we weren't expecting much so that was good. The condos we were looking at on AirB&B were all booked by the time we decided to stay in West Yellowstone. This was our last option. The shower nozzle was awful and squirted us in the face as showered. There was a gap under the door outside that you could drive a toy car through. (My husband stuffed the nasty comforter from the bed there to keep things out.) The ceiling looked as though it could collapse. We got into West Yellowstone at around 2:30 but the check-in office was closed till 3pm, so don't get there early if you want to check in. In all, if staying in the car isn't an option, stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

If you just need a place to stay and a hot shower this will work fine. It was exceptionally cold that evening because of a storm, but the heater didn't work and I ended up piling on layers of clothes so I could sleep warmly. The TV doesn't work. Standard room with a coffee maker and wifi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2017

My wife and I rolled into West Yellowstone late in the afternoon. We were afraid all of the hotel/motels were going to be full and we were not going to get a room. We decided we would settle on anything that was available. We saw the Travel Lodge and stopped. I am not hard person to please; a good bed, a sense of security, and clean room. From the start I didn’t expect much but the room did NOT even meet our low expectations. The steps to the second floor were steep, the room was very small, the door security bolt did not work and there was not safety chain. The walls were thin and there was a couple next door who had a serious fight that night. I know it is not the fault of the motel that these guests fought, but the fact that my wife felt incredibly insecure because of the lack of an adequate door lock is their fault.
Additionally the t.v. did not work. When I called the front desk they said the entire motel was out of t.v. service and seemed to have no concern. When I asked for a reduction in the room rate because there was no t.v., I was told “no”. We know other rooms had t.v. because we could hear the sound through the thin walls.
The next night we did our homework on TripAdvisor. We found a much better room in West Yellowstone for far less money. My suggesting is to take your time and use TripAdvisor. I am guessing you can find a cheaper room that is superior to anything you will get at Travel Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed August 25, 2017

This motel in rustic West Yellowstone is terrible. I have stayed in some bad placed in my time, but this one was a real disappointment. The rooms were dilapidated, tired and poorly maintained. For example, in our room doors didn't fit properly in their jams to had to be banged shut. The air conditioner had one setting: full blast. The curtains were old and dingy and didn't close properly. And the beds were very uncomfortable.

Worst of all, the price was extortion. Three times the cost of any reasonable hotel for anything close to this value.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank markattisha
Reviewed July 24, 2017

The closer you want to stay to Yellowstone National Park, the more expensive it gets. The Travelers Lodge in West Yellowstone is typical. Just about anywhere else in the country, the price for comparable quality of lodging would have been $60-$80 per night. During peak Summer season near the gates of the park, the price was well over $200 per night.

To add 'insult to injury', the bathroom ceiling fan was out of order and partially disassembled (with the cover on the vanity and full of deceased bugs), and the deadbolt of the front door did not work.

But my wife and I were exhausted from hiking and enjoying the park, and we did not need more hassles. So, we went to a local restaurant, had a beer in the lounge, and relaxed over dinner before retiring to our Travelers room.

Will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple