See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We decided to booked this motel last minute, since our plans changed with family. We had to book it as we were driving into town. Motel was one, if not the only one available. No money back, incase you want to change your mind, which we did after our surprise. Our room smelled like vomit/poop. When we told the front desk gal to give us another room, she came out of the office, angry at the cleaning crew for not “doing” a better job cleaning up the vomit from the carpet! One of the 70’S TV from our room didn’t work. Outlets were not working either. Didn’t look or feel clean at all. You would think, well you pay $100.00 per night so what’s the problem?! Nope, the start at 230.00$ So ridiculous!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Well, we weren't expecting much so that was good. The condos we were looking at on AirB&B were all booked by the time we decided to stay in West Yellowstone. This was our last option. The shower nozzle was awful and squirted us in the face as showered. There was a gap under the door outside that you could drive a toy car through. (My husband stuffed the nasty comforter from the bed there to keep things out.) The ceiling looked as though it could collapse. We got into West Yellowstone at around 2:30 but the check-in office was closed till 3pm, so don't get there early if you want to check in. In all, if staying in the car isn't an option, stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

If you just need a place to stay and a hot shower this will work fine. It was exceptionally cold that evening because of a storm, but the heater didn't work and I ended up piling on layers of clothes so I could sleep warmly. The TV doesn't work. Standard room with a coffee maker and wifi.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2017

My wife and I rolled into West Yellowstone late in the afternoon. We were afraid all of the hotel/motels were going to be full and we were not going to get a room. We decided we would settle on anything that was available. We saw the Travel Lodge and stopped. I am not hard person to please; a good bed, a sense of security, and clean room. From the start I didn’t expect much but the room did NOT even meet our low expectations. The steps to the second floor were steep, the room was very small, the door security bolt did not work and there was not safety chain. The walls were thin and there was a couple next door who had a serious fight that night. I know it is not the fault of the motel that these guests fought, but the fact that my wife felt incredibly insecure because of the lack of an adequate door lock is their fault.
Additionally the t.v. did not work. When I called the front desk they said the entire motel was out of t.v. service and seemed to have no concern. When I asked for a reduction in the room rate because there was no t.v., I was told “no”. We know other rooms had t.v. because we could hear the sound through the thin walls.
The next night we did our homework on TripAdvisor. We found a much better room in West Yellowstone for far less money. My suggesting is to take your time and use TripAdvisor. I am guessing you can find a cheaper room that is superior to anything you will get at Travel Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed August 25, 2017

This motel in rustic West Yellowstone is terrible. I have stayed in some bad placed in my time, but this one was a real disappointment. The rooms were dilapidated, tired and poorly maintained. For example, in our room doors didn't fit properly in their jams to had to be banged shut. The air conditioner had one setting: full blast. The curtains were old and dingy and didn't close properly. And the beds were very uncomfortable.

Worst of all, the price was extortion. Three times the cost of any reasonable hotel for anything close to this value.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family