All reviewspackaged snacksgranola barscity parkbudget optionwithin walking distancean older propertynice towelsroom was cleanrooms are smallfridge and microwavetwo double bedsfront officewi finight staylaundry facilitiesroad tripwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This is an old, yet inexpensive place to stay at the West gate. The people running the place are friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I tried to find other places to stay before I left home but was not successful. Once I got into town I realized that there were several other places to stay and probably close to the same price range. The only problems we had was the noise. The walls are paper thin and our neighbors had young children. I had to sleep with ear plugs and turn on my phone noise app. At times, I could still hear the people next door. : (

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank queenofyork63
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Clean, quiet, good sleep, good location. This is not a fancy motel, but it had all the basic amenities: decent shower, small refrigerator and microwave, flat screen tv. The rooms appeared to be recently updated and the decors was very homey and appropriate to the motel. We were within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. It’s convient to get to and just outside Yellowstone’s west entrance.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Needed a room on relatively short notice during a very busy time in the area, so was happy to find this place. Room was clean, towels thick, bed firm, but wi-fi was spotty/slow and the walls are very thin indeed (glad I was up early, otherwise it would have been impossible to sleep, given the noise from the kids next door). No coffeemaker in room -- instead, you have to go to the office after 7 a.m. or so, where they have coffee and snacks.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I stayed at the One Horse Motel during June 2018. My buddy and I were fishing in YNP and Hebgen Lake, and selected the One Horse for its convenience, location (close to town), and proximity to the park and lake. It is only a block or two into town, and the city park is right next door. No complaints; was great.

The owner and manager are friendly, helpful, and nice people. The manager (Kerri) welcomed me and offered advice and told me about the free snacks and coffee they had for breakfast.

The owner (Mike) is handy, and is always there when needed. He maintains everything in the rooms, from replacing door locks to helping with lamps, bulbs, remote batteries, and plumbing. Nice to have someone close when needed.

The cleaning ladies were friendly, pleasant, and quick. Every day they changed bedding in each room, mopped the floors, replaced towels and washcloths, and provided shampoo and other necessities. They were also available during the afternoons if needed.

In summary, the One Horse is affordable (West Yellowstone is expensive in general), convenient for walking into town, clean, and friendly. I've recommended it to my friends already.

Addendum: There is a new bbq place right nearby. It just opened; right across the street from the motel. It's called Firehole BBQ (just east of the Conoco Station). Delicious bbq (and I'm picky).

Room Tip: Parking; best to back into a space and walk into town, rather than drive during evenings and lose a good space.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We stayed for one night at the One Horse Inn, as part of a USA roadtrip. The inn has a great location only a couple of blocks from the main street which hosts a variety of restaraunts and tourist shops, it as also perfectly clean and we received a kind welcome from the male host who assisted with a variety of local menus.

The poor side of the accommodation is the paper thin walls we could literally hear every word spoken by the couple in the next room, who babbled on until midnight and were up around 5am, for this reason I would recommend that you spend a bit more money and source alternative accommodation, unless you are on a tight budget and are used to staying in accommodation with no sound insulation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
michael l, Owner at One Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

I am sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep. We rarely get a complaint about sound issues. The walls are obviously not paper thin just normal walls as in any hotel/motel. I always find it interesting that we can do everything to help accommodate your stay and hear no issues at the front desk but later on trip advisor you skewer us.