All reviewsyogurtbest westernshot breakfastyellowstone national parkindoor poolroom was cleanin townfree breakfastnice hotelslippery otterthe breakfast areabiscuits and gravywest entrancetop floorhot tubcomfortable stayshops and restaurants
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Our Grand Circle tour group had left Cody, Wyoming early that June morning, passed through incredible landscape sites along the way, and of course Yellowstone’s keynote Old Faithful geyser. Something this old geezer has wanted to experience for six decades.☺ Late in the afternoon—after encountering countless bison (not buffalo)—Maggie’s Magic Bus exited the west end of Yellowstone, America’s first national park. Within a few miles, we arrived at the hotel—and another state! Surprise, we were in Montana! – This Best Western was a nice surprise. Registration staff members are friendly and helpful. The room is comfortable and spacious, and the location is superior. It’s an easy walk to restaurants and pubs. This is the place for a comfortable stay, when touring Yellowstone National Park. There’s an indoor pool/Jacuzzi, and the breakfast buffet is adequate. This Best Western is TripAdvisor reviewer ranked 9 of 40 West Yellowstone hotels.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
William H, General Manager at Best Western Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind and extensive review. I hope you decide to come stay with us again, either with a tour or direct booking. (:

Reviewed July 13, 2018

The hotel is nice and is centrally located to town and to the park. We went out for breakfast both mornings we were there as we were not impressed with the offerings but there is an awesome cafe around the corner with great apple cinnamon pancakes.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank centuryoakfarm

Thank you so much for your review and I will take this under advisement. We are always looking for ways to improve guest satisfaction. (:

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with a group for 2 nights in June. My brother and sister in law were moved to another room due to toilet issues soon after arrival. That is fine. As we are BOARDING OUR TOUR BUS the next morning they were told they needed to move to another room. It was obviously not feasible as we had to board our bus! They had just washed clothes and had them drying around the room (including lingerie and personal items) so understandably did not want their personal items touched. They told them to not move their items. Got back, they had been moved to another room. It is NOT the fault of the customer if the hotel does not have a room that is in working order and has to be moved to a different room that was obviously already sold to a higher paying customer. To move people’s private things should not be legal. I would never recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim L

Our hotel made an accommodation to you by placing you in a room not assigned to your tour group's room allotment, temporarily, until the problem could be resolved. Since our hotel is 100% capacity each day, your move was 100% necessary due to your room type being booked for that day. An individual who paid for that specific room. Despite this I offered our apologies and offered to provide you our off property 3 story luxurious condo for $200 per night during peak season, which normally would be $550.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a joke. We have traveled 2 wks to several national parks in Utah, Montana and Wyoming and stayed at 10 different hotels. This was by far our most expensive hotel and for what?? Hotel was so cheaply constructed, we could hear everything upstairs and next door. It is located in one of the most beautiful places on earth, with a view of the parking lot. Bathroom so small, you had to maneuver the door shut to get in the shower. We paid $330 for this ridiculous room and because it was such a ripoff I will never stay at a Best Western again!!! West Yellowstone is a total tourist trap, skip it and continue on to Mammoth Springs! We stayed inside the park for far less money with Elk and a beautiful view.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I apologize that you were unhappy with the rate. As I'm sure you can understand supply and demand is what dictates our price. We are the closest town to the west entrance, and thus all of the major attractions at Yellowstone National Park. Our rates are either competitive with our competition, or in most cases lower. I mean this with the utmost respect, but you wouldn't be able to get a 3 - 4 star hotel room within 2 hrs. of Old Faithful for anything below $275 per night in peak season, with few and far between exceptions. There are simply too many people wanting to visit an area with not enough rooms to accommodate.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

On arrival, we noticed the toilet was clogged...not working. Reported it to the desk, someone came and tried to fix it. No success, someone else came and tried to fix it. Still no success, desk mgr. moved us to another room, slightly larger. Next morning, we are leaving for the day and was told by the desk mgr. we had to move to another room. I informed him I had already moved once and did not intend to move again. Our Tour Director informed him as well that we would not be moving. Returned to the hotel around 5pm,and our key doesn't work for the room. Checked the desk for another key and was told we had been moved out of the room. My wife and I (as well as other members of the tour standing at the desk) were shocked they had move our things from the room. Realized it was futile to argue with the desk mgr. since he had done as he was instructed. So, after calming my wife (she was in tears) and myself we called Best Western with a complaint. We initiated a complaint file and was told if the hotel did not contact us within 7 days the complaint would be handled at the corporate level. We were told this after this person had tried to contact someone at the hotel with no answer, not to mention the manager had made himself conveniently unavailable. The manager did contact me via e-mail 2 days later, apologizing for the misunderstanding. He explained that the move was necessary due to "accounting practices" and offered us a one night stay in a 3-story condo near this hotel. It would be really hard for us to take advantage of this living in East Tennessee so I countered with a comparable proposal. Regardless, NOBODY should have touched or moved ANY of our belongings!!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
William H, General Manager at Best Western Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you for submitting your review. As I highlighted in my email, this was a safety and accounting concern. Your group did not have the oversize double queen room in their contract with us. The agent, due to a 100% capacity hotel, moved you to the room for one night for your convenience; however, that room was due to have someone in it who specifically requested it. I also want to make clear that I was not conveniently away. I was in Phoenix on company business, and still promptly responded to this issue. Guests need to cooperate with hotel management when directed to do so. If you have any further questions contact the hotel direct and ask to speak with me.