“Overall a good experience”
Review of Crosswinds Inn

Crosswinds Inn
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Connecticut
“Overall a good experience”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This place doesn't have much curb appeal but the room was MUCH nicer thn expected, once inside the room. The beds were well appointed and very comfortable. However, we have a few suggestions. One, the pool was way too cold for comfort. Two, don't reccommend Three Bears Restaurant as it was one of the worst meals of our two month trip. Third, expand the breakfast area. It is way too cramped.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 2462skiing
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that if you are ever in West Yellowstone again you will allow us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs. I am sorry that our recommendation for the Three Bear restaurant turned out to be less than satisfactory. I will make sure that I eat dinner there within the next couple weeks to determine whether I am comfortable continuing to have our staff recommend it to our valued guests. We are not affiliated with the Three Bear restaurant but we certainly do not want to make recommendations for dining that we personally wouldn't patronize. We will also make sure to pass your comments on to the manager of Three Bear. Thank you again for your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I booked this against my better judgement after reading some reviews. I was sorry I had. Lady at check-in very pleasant, room itself was good, no complaints there but we had Elephants trampling in room upstairs all night, could hear water running during night. The noise drove me insane. Breakfast was just the stock standard but the room was far to small for the amount of people coming in for breakfast......and....there was a young man hanging around breakfast room and front desk, seemed to know people there but didn't seem to be a worker, was very strange and a bit unprofessional to have people just hanging about.
I would not recommend this hotel purely for the noise factor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am glad that your check-in process was a good experience, we believe our front desk is wonderful and it is great to hear from guests that we are right.

I apologize that any noise you heard kept you from having a restful night. I am a light sleeper as well and I understand how difficult it can be when not sleeping in ones own bed. When I travel I always bring ear plugs for precisely this reason, so I do truly understand your situation. We would also encourage all our guests to contact the front desk if you feel that any noise you expereince is beyond the usual noise hear when staying in a busy motel. Our front desk staff is experienced and professional and they will contact the occupants of a room if their noise level is beyone acceptable and causing disruption to the rest of our guests.

I hope that you had a wonderful vacation while visiting Yellowstone National Park and I wish you safe travels for all your future adventures.
San Lorenzo, California
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The price and location were great but after staying there for 4 nights. I suffer from 50+ of bug bites, various from bed bud bites to fleas bites. I never get so many bites, even camping inside the park. next time, before I booked the hotel, I will make sure is not pet friendly hotel. Also will be careful examine the mattress before I sleep on.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our motel. I am sorry your vacation was affected by bites however, I can assure you they were not beg bugs or fleas. I encourage all our guests to examine our mattresses, if you do, you will find that we have invested thousands of dollars in bed bug proof mattress covers. Everyone who visits Yellowstone National Park needs to keep in mind that although the area is amazing and beautiful, it is also full of wildlife and insects, including no-see-ums, which is what I am sure you were bitten by. I have included a link that gives information about these insects. They are virtually invisible and I myself, have been bitten by them and they are horrible. It is important to know the difference between bites because assuming they are bed bugs or fleas is not a fair assumption. We strive to ensure our rooms are exceedingly clean and santized. We employ the use of housekeeping black lights and UV sterilizer wands in addition to our standard cleanliness procedures.

Thank you again for reviewing our motel and I wish you safe travels on all your trips in the future.
mn
Reviewed 13 September 2011

When we noticed that Water Tub did not drain in the night at 9.30 when we mentioned this to staff at the Desk we were told that they were no service people around in the night and we have to wait till the next day morning to somebody come over and fix it and so we had to sleep without a shower that night and leave the Motel early in the morning as planned to catch a train in Harve without a shower. and as a bonus "to our shock" we were given a plunger to deal with the crises which is I think worst way to treat your Clients.

Apart from this all the other aspects were ok.

Room Tip: Check all the aspects of the room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Review4allMn
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel, we appreciate your business. I want to apologize to you for my staff not providing better service. I can assure you that it is not acceptable to tell our guests that we can't help them because there are no service people. I have two maintenance staff on call 24/7 so you should not have been told that. I will address this with all front desk personnel and make sure they are all reminded of the most critical part of our jobs, providing good customer service to our valued guests. I hope that should you ever find yourself in West Yellowstone again you will allow us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Illinois
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Got a rate of $163/nt. Room was ok, bed ok. TV fuzzy on most stations. Water pressure & temperature good but shower head only works right on 'standard' setting; "massage" setting didn't work due to hard water buildup. Originally had two night reservation but cut it to one as we just felt the price - while comparable to all other properties in this town at this time - was just too much for my wallet to bear in comparison with nicer places available for half the price in Idaho Falls. To their credit, clerks at desk handled change well, no hassle whatsoever. "Breakfast" was a mob of people clamoring over minimal selections. Tried for a bowl of cereal but found no bowls and no milk.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe082
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you for reviewing our motel. We appreciate the time it takes for our guests to do this and we believe it is a valuable tool for all travelers. West Yellowstone is a resort area just blocks from the entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Peak season here is approximately mid-June through mid-September and prices are at their highest for all hotels/motels during this time, ours included. I apologize that you weren't able to stay with us for your second night but I am glad to hear that my staff was accomodating and you were able to change your plans seamlessly. I do agree that our breakfast area is small, this is an older hotel and when built there were no breakfast requirements so the size of the room was never intended to accomodate large numbers of people. We try our best to let people know when they check in that the area gets very crowded and we provide trays for guests to take food back to their room. We also provide outdoor seating to enable more people to sit comfortably. Please keep in mind that prices in West Yellowstone drop during the off season and we would love to see you back again!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed two night in order to visit Yellowstone NP.

The hotel is located in the city of West Yellowstone and near the main street and super market (be aware that if you have a TomTom to put the address and not choose the name of the hotel if you don't want to drive 15 extra kilometers :) )

The rooms are quite old but if you want to go only to sleep it is fine as at least they were very clean. The bath was old and we were quite dissappointed with this because when to people from the upper level were taking the shower, we could hear the sound of the water in the pipes: hopefully they were not taking a shower a 2am!! ;)

The internet connection was very slow but ok to check the news and a couple of emails.

The breakfast is complimentary but the place where is served in very small so it is always overcrowded. When we did the check-in they recommended us to have it in the room.

In overall, for the prices you have in west yellowstone, it might be an option but maybe have a room in the first floor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crustiviajero
Thank you for reviewing our motel. We appreciate your business and value each and every opinion of all our guests. The Crosswinds is an older motel that we have remodeled and short of demolishing it and rebuilding we have done everything possible to ensure a comfortable, safe and enjoyable experience for our guests. We do realize that our breakfast are is small and in order to try and compensate for this we do offer trays for guests to take to their rooms and we have set up many tables outside so the beautiful scenery of West Yellowstone can be enjoyed. I hope that should you find yourself in West Yellowstone again you will again allow us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I rather enjoyed this location and it was handy for walking to almost anything. The bed was comfortable, clean, had a refrigerator and the shower had great water pressure. I read the reviews and was cautious but had the best time in West Yellowstone. I especially liked the outside access and the location of everything. The breakfast room is a bit small but if you are willing to get in and get your food and take it to your room or outside to the talbes it's a great little motel VERY close to Yellowstone. About 3 minutes away from the entrance and we stayed 2 nights and thought it was a great little place. The pool was clean but unfortunately the hot tub had been played in by the kids (which is not the hotels issue) and had very little water in it. We'd stay again and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the same hotel.

Room Tip: Be Realistic It's About Location
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buddy4one
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you so much for reviewing our motel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!