All reviews double sinks family suite kids eat free hotel restaurant attached restaurant in town breakfast buffet microwave and fridge nice room rooms are large comfortable beds hot tub off season park entrance laundry room after a long day old faithful
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Welcomed warmly, and nice entrance lobby with fire etc. Coffee and cookies in the afternoon .

We stayed in the floor nearest to the lobby (and it's open plan) so it was quite noisy when people were chatting down there.

Breakfast each morning was a shambles re service-the staff didn't communicate terribly well, and we were either ignored or asked the same questions over and over. The staff need supervision. Breakfasts were OK.

The bar / restaurant "The Branch" was very good- happy hour was great with a hardworking barman, and the food was good. The servers were run off their feet but were still polite and helpful.

Rooms were clean and serviced well each day.

Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the floor overlooking the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Bree A, Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Vampireweekend,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your stay, but apologize that breakfast was so hectic each morning. We will pass along your feedback to our team so we are able to make valuable improvements. We wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very disappointed. Will never stay there again. I will never recommend this place. I found hair on the sheets. I asked for queen sheets. I got sheets for a queen size bed twice. I took the pillow case off and the pillow had blood and some other kind of stain on it, I asked for another pillow and was given some kind of pillow folded and was told they didn't have any more pillows.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harrisa371
Bree A, Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Harrissa371,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay with us. We will discuss your comments with our management team to make sure these issues do not happen again. We wish you safe travels and we hope you can give us another chance in the future to regain your trust.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The accommodation was spacious and clean and the staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout our two night stay, there is also a nice bar (The Branch) which serves good food and great beer (there’s a happy hour for two hours each evening too).
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Yellowstone West town centre and the shops, bars and restaurants that are there, it’s also located just half a mile from the West Entrance Gate of Yellowstone Park.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Alwaysonholiday2,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us, we truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your visit, and we hope you had a fantastic overall time in the Yellowstone area. We wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a Gold Ambassador of IHG placed a booking for 2 King SPA executive rooms 6 month upfront for 3 days asking for high floor, quiet rooms. At arrival we were informed that the only rooms available were the rooms at the ground floor across the laundry room(asked for other rooms I was told by the receptionist lady there are no other rooms available). When we went to the rooms, the laundry room's door was slamming every minute!
Went back to the reception and after another 15 min(to mention the the reception ladies are very slow and unfamiliar with the computer system it took more than half an hour to check in)the other lady, after denying having other rooms several times, only when I insisted and affirmed that I will not take the designated rooms for us, found us one room on the last floor as asked and 1 room on the 2nd floor(regular rooms not the SPA rooms affirming that the Spa rooms are only on the lower level). Having no other choice we accepted with the promise that next day I will receive a room on the upper floor,
Next day early morning I addressed to the reception manager and she promised to move us to a room on the upper floor-" just leave your luggage packed and we'll move it for you" ,and gave us a 50% discount for the first night rate and a free breakfast for the next 2 days and 5000 points(I have to mention that the first night was quite traumatic having a group of young noisy girls in the rooms across the corridor, You can hear every step or small noise from the neighboring rooms or the room on top of your room).
When we returned in the evening after a long day of touring the luggage was not moved to the new room although it was 11 hour later the reception manager told us so.Instead of having a shower and relax after such a long day I had to
call the reception in the evening they send somebody to move our luggage.
Very disappointing.
The second room has not been cleaned at all on this day!
The fact that they make discounts and give free breakfast(by the way the quality of the breakfast was quite poor) does not compensate for the poor quality of the service at this hotel and the hotel level! The AC is very noisy!If you are a light sleeper look for another hotel.
Totally not recommended!!!

Room Tip: Last floor only if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Dr Julian,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay. We completely understand your frustration with everything that happened. We will discuss your comments with our management team to make sure these issues are addressed and to make valuable improvements. We hope you were still able to have an overall great time in the Yellowstone area, and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Great accommodating staff. Cookies to die for!!! wonderful quiet room even though on main street and second floor. The room service was really good - recommend the hamburger for sure; my husband had salmon and he said it was excellent. easy walking around town from this location and lots to see. Only one glitch - housekeeping staff came to our room at 8:00, and in broken English, told us that check out was at 10 and she was there to clean the room. It ruined a romantic breakfast in bed opportunity for my husband and I. So I didn't tip (which I usually do for room service), and explained to the front desk. I am sure they will have the problem corrected after staying there.

Room Tip: We were second floor above the lobby and it was quiet. Above us was noisy - not sure what they were up to!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Bree A, Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello 987jannab,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us, we truly appreciate it. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff provided you with excellent service. We do apologize that housekeeping bothered you too early in your morning, and we will be sure to pass along your comments to our team so we are able to make valuable improvements. We wish you safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.