My family and I were in Bellevue for my grandmother's memorial. We booked a king suite at the hotel several weeks ahead of time, and were assured we'd have the room we needed for our family of five. When we arrived, the space was adequate, and we left nearly immediately for a funeral-related event. We returned to the hotel about 10 pm and promptly went to sleep. Around midnight, the door to our room opened and a group of people walked in. They were thankfully as surprised as we were, and were only looking for an empty room to sleep in. We called the front desk immediately and were told, "Yeah, we made a mistake." We were so tired we went back to sleep, but when we woke up in the morning and went to breakfast we were of course locked out because our keys were deactivated when the other group was given keys to our room. I went to the front desk to get new keys and again mentioned the incident and how scary it was, and the front desk clerk said, "Yeah, our computer system goes wacky and does that. Sorry." That was the extent of his concern about our safety.
Once we returned home, I submitted a complaint on the Holiday Inn Express website and received a form e-mail stating that my concerns had been forwarded to hotel management. I also wrote a letter to hotel management detailing our experience and my concerns about the safety of their hotel, as well as the lack of customer service that we received in dealing with our concerns. It has now been almost two weeks since I sent both of those communications and I have not heard anything back from hotel management. Frankly, their handling of the incident so far has been worse than the incident itself. I would have expected at a minimum that they would have contacted me through the information on my reservation, or the information I included in my letter. I did get a second form e-mail from the hotel, saying that they hoped I'd enjoyed my stay, and included the name and priority rewards number associated with my reservation. Except--oops! they weren't mine! So not only do they not take the physical safety of their customers to heart, they are also obviously not good at protecting personal information through their electronic mailings either.
I will be contacting the president of the company now as well, and have posted about my experiences on Facebook, as well as writing this review. I honestly could not in good conscience recommend any of the Holiday Inn's parent group (InterContinental Hotel Group) properties. If their computer systems are similar and "go wacky" often enough to allow physical security breaches like we experienced, there is a serious potential for physical harm, property loss, and lawsuits against them. You'd think that might get their attention and get a response, but apparently not yet...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Bellevue, NE near Offutt Air Force Base!Government travelers looking for a hotel close to Omaha, NE will love our location! This suburban Bellevue Hotel is only 5 miles from Offutt Air Force Base and only 10 miles from Downtown Omaha. Enjoy our close proximity to Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, All Native Systems, and Sara Lee. Unwind during our manager s reception and enjoy free beer, wine, and snacks on us Monday through Thursday from 5pm until 7pm!The leisure traveler will enjoy our suburban location. We are just a short drive to shopping, movie theaters, The Old Market, and The Henry Doorly Zoo. This Bellevue, NE hotel features high-speed wired and wireless Internet access available in all rooms, a 24-hour business center, and guest laundry. Stay on track with your health regimen with our on-site fitness center and swimming pool. Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue, for the outstanding customer service and Priority Club recognition you deserve! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Bellevue
- Holiday Inn Bellevue
- Bellevue Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Bellevue