Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$66
US$62
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

Arrow Hotel(Broken Bow)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
US$89
Big 12 Motel(Broken Bow)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstail endcold morningtasty dinnersand hillsnext morningprairiegrousebirderslodgesandhillsreservoirphotographingnebraskahostslekproperty
Reviewed June 30, 2016

I took my daughter and some friends tanking and we had a great experience from start to finish. The owners and staff were very friendly and welcoming. They provided us with many good tips to help our trip go well. They take you to the end point to leave your vehicle and then drive you to the launching site. All the equipment was included in the price. You can tank, canoe, tube and kayak. They have 2 and 5 hour trips. There were plenty of places on the trip to stop and swim and the scenery was beautiful.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cindy68848
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We just arrived home after our family vacation here. I typically do not write reviews, but everything about Calamus Outfitters was so amazing that I just had to! Three families with children ranging in age from infancy to teens and one couple stayed comfortably in one of the large lodges. The open area in front of the lodge was a perfect place to play kickball, wiffle ball and frisbee. The kids loved the space to run and playl! We appreciated the excellent guest service, well stocked kitchen, linen service and the ease of private river access for our canoe trips. The property was pridefully maintained and the lodge was remarkably clean. Knowing that the primary use is for hunters, river goers and outdoor enthusiasts I was expecting it to be a bit grungy. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the lodge. Everyone who we met was friendly and welcoming. We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ksandman1029
Reviewed April 20, 2016

I’m an amateur photographer and have had the pleasure of spending time on the family owned Switzer Ranch during the Prairie Chicken and Sharp-tail Grouse mating season. Bruce and Sue Ann are gracious hosts, serve great food and are glad to talk about their operation and answer questions about it as are their children. The scenery is awesome and I highly recommend the ranch tour, Chicken and Grouse Lek Tours. Sarah hosted the ranch tour and is very knowledgeable about ranch operations, its history and habitat. The lodging is always clean! One of the Best experiences I’ve had photographing nature. This is a prime spot to visit for Eco-tourism. Come and experience the Nebraska Sandhills! The people I spoke to were from various parts of the U.S. and everyone totally enjoyed themselves, the birds, and the scenery. A MUST STOP FOR BIRDERS AND PHOTOGRAPHERS ALIKE! Be sure to come back during the summer and float down the Calamus River.

Room Tip: Wifi is available in the store and meals are included in the cost of lodging.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank richneedham
Reviewed October 4, 2015

If you are looking for the best way/chance to see Greater Prairie Chicken and Sharp-tailed Grouse, Calamus Outfitters is the way to go.

A fall birding trip - particularly for those species - is essentially the hardest time to find them. Most ranches and/or guides focus on spring and don't even offer guided tours or trips in fall. The Calamus Outfitters however, were able to offer a great birding tour of their ranch, fitting us in despite my last minute call to them to schedule a birding tour of the ranch. Extra effort was made to find both species!

Our guide for the day was really great, she was very knowledgeable on many topics, and I learned quite a bit and had fun as well. The family was really nice and I enjoyed meeting them too.

Room Tip: This is an ecotourism adventure, with rustic cabins nestled on the ranch with great sunrise views of the surrounding land.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2015 via mobile

Fifteen members of my family went tanking/tubing on the Calamus River. Such a gentle, family-friendly river! My grandkids loved every minute. We were on the river for 3 hours and felt sad when our float was done. Afterward, we spent the night at the lower lodge. The place was clean and had plenty of room for all of us. So peaceful on the ranch! We made s'mores and sang songs around the fire pit. Truly the stuff family memories are made of.

Kudos to Sue and her family!!

Stayed: July 2015