“Eat at Joe's”

SpencerCity Bar & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Four couples went to eat at Joe's on a Thursday evening. The others had been there before, but it was our first visit since Joe's opened a few weeks ago. We loved it. Clean and fresh, as they did a total makeover of the existing 100 year old building, formerly a hotel. Decor not cluttered. High quality TVs. Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Great food. Small menu, but they say it will change and grow as they get established. I had the Legion fish and chips. The fish was enormous and crisp, the chips tasty and not an overwhelming pile of them. Tartar sauce really good. Plus a dollar of every order goes to support the local Legion. Others had the sole and salad, the Buffalo pizza, the vegetarian flatbread, and all said they enjoyed what they had. There were two desserts, a creme brûlée and a peanut butter cup chocolate mousse. I love chocolate so I had the mousse. Fantastic. Rich and creamy, darkly chocolate, and covered in Reese's Pieces. I paid for it later when I couldn't get to sleep for all the chocolate, and had to sit up watching movies until 3:00 am. But it was worth it and I'd order it again. The owners, Joe and Joanne, were there chatting with the guests. I've seen piles of bicycles outside, and rows of motorcycles, so they cater to large groups passing through the village. This restaurant is a great asset to the community.

Date of visit: August 2016