“Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, NE”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Stayed in Room 335 March 4th. Nice room. It had a mini fridge, microwave, blow dryer. Plenty of towels. The hotel has a indoor pool and workout room, I wasn't able to use either as I had no time. and I had checked out before the morning breakfast so I was not able to see what was offered, but the front desk lady was able to get me a banana so I would have something to eat on my way out. I did appreciate the little note about the quiet time policy between 11pm and 7am. I wish more hotels had this policy. Thank you Marriott hotels.

Room Tip: Use your best judgment
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lcjt01
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Thank you for choosing the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand! We strive to provide a great experience to everyone that walks through our doors and getting a good night's sleep is one of our main goals. We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Diane B

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and felt new. It felt like an upscale hotel. I loved everything about it and as a rewards member who spends a lot of nights in hotels, this was one of the better Fairfield's I've been to. My only complaint is a minor one and one that I find in too many hotels and it's the tv programming. Changing channels is slow and it's hard to navigate the channels to find what's on. For myself, this is very important while it may not be to others.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaou9239

Thank you for staying at the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites in Grand Island, Nebraska. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and thank you for recognizing our hotel as one of the best. I can understand your frustration with changing the tv channels. I hope this is something we can work on and correct.

Diane B.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I booked a points redemption stay here and instead of getting upgraded per my status with Marriott I received a handicap accessible room with a non operational microwave and tub. The hand shower worked but sprayed in all directions and the room should have been placed out of service. When I told the agent in the morning the general attitude was that I got what I paid for. The thing is, I do pay a lot to stay at many Marriott s during the year so when I do use my points I really don't want your poor attitude toward the program. Stay elsewhere!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Melissa,
It is our goal with each and every guest that walks through our doors, to provide the best lodging experience possible. I am so sorry that we came up short with your recent point stay. At the Grand Island Fairfield Inn & Suites, we do try our hardest to upgrade all of our Platinum and Gold Marriott Rewards members whenever we can. The evening that you made your reservation, we exhausted all of our upgrades and were only left with our accessible king rooms. I wish there was some way to let you know when you redeemed your points what room types were left in our inventory, rather than finding out upon checking into your room. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your shower and microwave. My maintenance engineer has been made aware of your issues and will be looking into them to revolve these issues. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.
Again, I apologize for your inconveniences that you experience and we hope the next time you stay with us it will be exceptional.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

The staff were friendly and outgoing.The beds were comfortable. The breakfast had a nice gluten-free selection. I liked the grated cheese and salsa, hot sauce with the eggs. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tkuhfal
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Thank you for such a marvelous review. Your kind words mean a lot to us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our bountiful breakfast. We have added several gluten-free options as well as fresh cut fruit. We appreciate the confidence in our staff and product and hope to remain your first choice in lodging in Grand Island. We welcome you back anytime. A very heart-felt THANK YOU!!

Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is a very bright and modern hotel with colorful decor. I liked it a lot! It felt clean and fun. The room was nicely appointed with a king bed, easy chair and ottoman with side table, desk and chair. Pretty much a standard king but it felt special! There was a micro/fridge and countertop space. Nice Bathroom, too.

The breakfast was decent but nothing really special. We would probably stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen B

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great stay and you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. This is one of our most common compliments and makes us so proud every time we hear it. We are very close to restaurants, shopping, gas stations, as well as other local attractions. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you each time you visit the area or are just passing thru. Safe travels!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Very well kept up. Extreemly friendly and accommodating staff! Good location for food, and for the business we were there for. Good excersize room as well. Overall very nice experience and would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy P
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. Your time is valuable. Thank you for choosing our hotel as your lodging partner while you were visiting our city! There are a lot of choices out there and we sincerely thank you for being our guest. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our clean and well maintained fitness as well. We look forward to your return visit!!

Diane B

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Our company hosted a 3 day training event at this location and have to say they knocked it out of the park! Rooms were great, the facilities clean, brightly lit, and in great repair. The lunch was great and the staff was so helpful. We plan on returning this March!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

We appreciate your loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Brand! Our Fairfield Inn & Suites Team works incredibly hard to make sure every guest has a satisfactory stay! Thank you for taking the time to log on to Trip Advisor and let us know how your stay was as well as your conference! Thank you for noticing the special efforts of our staff. Thank you again for being our guests and for your comments. We hope to see you again soon for your next conference.